New to Atkins

Amy Lou

Hi all,

I've been quietly stalking the Atkins forums for the past few weeks, but I'm actually starting today! I've got at least 2 1/2 stone to lose, 3 1/2 would be awesome. Wish me luck!!! (Please :) )

Welcome Amy and all the best, you will love this way of eating. Ask lots of questions, everyone here is lovely and very helpful :)

Susie

welcome to the wonderful world of atkins :)

Good Luck. Im on my second day after doing a VLCD, but this seems so much better for me. Keep us updates with your weight loss hun. I also want to lose about the same amount of weight. We can be weight loss buddies :) xxx

Thanks, Stephen.

Littlemiss, I'm going to do my official first WI tmw, so I'll get a proper idea of what I have to lose, and what damage I've done at my sister's 21st this weekend!!

I'm actually really excited, hopefully I can use Atkins to be in control of my eating, instead of binging and starving and generally being an emotional eater... Hope I'm not asking too much :)

You sound just like me. I go from starving myself to binge eating. Its so unhealthy, and although its only day 2, I'm really enjoying this and feeling good. xxx

Hi Amy, hope Atkins is good to you!

7.gif
welcome to the start f a new you!

Hi Amy and welcome to the Atkins forum :)

Welcome to the mad house amy.

Thanks, so far so good I think. Had salad for lunch and stir fry for tea today and yesterday, with different meat for a bit of variety. I've bought some ketone strips, how long shall i wait before I try them?!? I'm a bit excited (lol - bit of a geek!!).

Marysu - 20lbs down on Atkins, that's amazing, how long did that take?

:)

Hi you're doing great! I'm not sure how long it takes to get into ketosis (only 1 naughty meal to get out of it though!) I think it takes about 3 days for the body to be fully converted to fat burning mode (or something like that!). Anyways keep going you'll soon see great results :D

Hi,
I thought this seemed to be a good post to join. I started atkins a few weeks ago. The first week, the weight came off fast, and the second week actually. But since then, I've been stuck at 10.3 for the past two weeks. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this happened to them? Or what I can do to get it going again?
I usually eat eggs in the morning, nd maybe bacon on the weekends. Go to college. Come home and have been having chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese, nd a salad.
Or steak nd salad,
Burgers (home made) with salad.
I haven't really changed what i've been eating over the past two weeks at all. Infact I've been better I think. (For the first two weeks I was eating sausages, which i didn't realise had a high carb count)
The only thing I could think of it diet coke. But i checked online, Nd it said that diet drinks are ok.
Any tips? Or ideas?
Thanks guys..
And congratualtions on the weight loss.

Hello both of you and welcome :D
I am maintaining on Atkins so not really had much loss on it, but I do know some people hit a plateau sometimes - you just have to ride it out, diet coke has citric acid (I think) which can affect ketosis - have you tried coke zero, that is ok. Give it a chance, you should start losing again.

Back