New to Atkins.....

sadieley

Hi everyone, :D
was previously on lipotrim for the past 12 days but unfortunately have taken a reaction to the shakes and landed at the out of hours dr.s feeling like crap. I managed to lose 12.5lbs in 10 days and must admit although I liked the strictness of the programme the shakes and flapjacks were crap!! :eek:

I decided to switch over to atkins as I cannot control my carb intake, I am an addict and toast and pasta was my downfall!! It played havoc with my menstrual cycle, skin, moods etc.... in the last 2 weeks I can honestly say I have felt so much better.... so whilst still in ketosis from LT I have switched over to atkins and must admit I am very impressed with it, went to my local Tesco's last night to buy a book on Atkins but alas, none to be had so just been surfing the web for starters!! :p
Any tips would be gratefully recieved? Sarahx

Hi Sarah and welcome love. Have you read the stickie's at the top, there is a mine of information there. My downfall was, toast, beer, pasta, beer,chips, beer. etc. etc. :)

Hi honey - yes read the stickies and the atkins website is ok too :)
best of luck this is THE best diet ever!

Hi Sarah and welcome

You will love this way of eating - I was a carb addict too, but four months down the line, without potatoes, bread, pasta or rice, I can honestly say I rarely miss carbs - have an occasional need for pastry, but it never tastes as nice as I think it will :)

Atkins rocks & is by far the best WoE for us carb'a'holics. x

Hi Sarah and welcome

Yep another carboholic here - always said I would never give up pasta & rice. Only 2 weeks in and feeling sooo much better :D

Hi Sarah and welcome love. Have you read the stickie's at the top, there is a mine of information there. My downfall was, toast, beer, pasta, beer,chips, beer. etc. etc. :)

yeah snap Jim me to and more beer LOL

Morning Sarah.

Have a look through the recipe thread Sarah, be careful though, they are not all induction friendly.

Back