New to board (but not to CD!) Week 1 Day 1

majic1982

Hi everyone! I'm Mims, 24 year old single mum with a 6 year old daughter. My weight problems started when I was 7 or 8 after intensive bullying at school, and I suppose the comfort eating habit has never gone.

I'm currently 5'6" and weight 18st 10Ibs. I'm no stranger to VLCDs as I did LL for 9 weeks starting Jan 06. I lost 3st 3Ibs in those weeks, then I cheated and it all fell apart. I've not managed to stick to a VLCD since.

I've been on and off the Cambridge Diet more times than you can count in the last year or so, but I've gotten very cross with myself and decided that now is that time!!! My sister is getting married in May next year and as Chief Bridesmaid I've GOT to slim. On top of that, I have some health issues that I'm sure will ease with weight loss.

I've been looking at before and after pics on this site (which was recommended by my lovely lovely CDC, Jenny) and I've found them truely inspirational.

I've officially started the diet again today, and every time I've felt like eating, I've looked at before and after pics and its stopped the craving. Brilliant stuff!!

Hope to get to know everyone better!!

xx

Well mims, I agree with you this is the place to get your inspiration to stay on track. I feel like I have made real friends who support each other all along the way. This is the first forum I have been on and I would recommend it to everyone. Good luck with day 2, we can do it and WILL do it. You will look stunning in your bridesmaid dress and feel healthy.
Keep posting

Hi Majic1982,

Welcome and very well done on getting through today:clap:

You have done very well losing over three stone, so you know you can do it and now with your sisters wedding next year this is plenty of motivation for you to stick with it this time.

But the past behind you and just take it one day at a time.

I hope you have done your before photos so that they can take their place of honour on the Inspirational photo thread out here.:)

Also, don't forget to do your body measurements and not forgetting the upper arms.

If you need any help, be sure to ask.

Love Mini xxx

Hi welcome Mims!!!

Everyone on here is great for advice and support any time you need it.

You have done it before, you can do it again!

Good luck on your journey.

Kerry-Ann

Back