New to calorie counting -help required!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by loopyloo68, 12 March 2008 Social URL.

1. loopyloo68

loopyloo68 Full Member

changed from Cambridge to slimming world
    Hi guys

I'm new to calorie counting.

After spending 6 weeks sticking to Slimming World plan rigidly and only losing 5 pounds - 4 of those in the first week - I'm kind of getting fed up. I'm exercising - always have done - at least 3 times a week - so in theory it should be falling off me. So...... thought i'd try calorie counting. it really is destroying me to be honest - it's just really unfair.

Does anyone have a good calorie counting week diet I could follow maybe, or let me know where I can get menus and help from with counting please?

All help very greatly received.

From a very very frustrated person.

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. fatbunny

fatbunny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world/
    that was my problem 2 last week, only lost 7lbs in 5 weeks, 1 was also at the gym 3 times a week, 15 miles on the treadmill, dropped calories to 1200 and off came 4lbs.
  4. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Sorry hun I don't have a menu as I tend to just count as I go and have what I fancy! The biggest tip I can give you is to get a cal counter book or find a good website to use, and then weigh as much food as you can to make sure you count the cals accurately. Think before you eat is the best philosophy- make packaging your friend and check it carefully before buying with the mindset of "do i really want to use up X amount of my daily calories on this, or would i rather have something else..."

If you think in this way you will find that you start to make healthy choices and get in to a healthy way of eating without feeling like you are having to stick to a plan- its a fab and probably the most natural way to lose weight!! Good luck x
  5. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    The best thing about Calorie Counting is that you tailor it to suit yourself!

If you have been paying to use a Slimming World Class (what? £5 a week?) and you don't mind paying to use a website, I can advise Weight Loss Resources which costs £9 a month and is a very useful tool. You get a 1 day free trial, so you can suck it and see before you sign up.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.