New to Cambridge - day two

timsmom

First time I've tried Cambridge and keeping everything crossed. Doing Soul Source + at the moment and wondering how long it takes to get in to ketosis. Woke up with thumping headache but still feel really hungry so not sure if I'm there yet or not?:confused:

Hi
Takes at least until day four Hun. I am doing ss+ too and lost 7 pound since Monday when I started. I had a headache yesterday but make sure you have your 2.25litres of water it really helps get rid of the head ache. You should start feeling more with it by day 4/5
What have you been having for your little meals? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I haven't. I am just having skimmed milk. I wanted to take food out of the equation completely - just having shakes, tea and coffee and skimmed milk oh and water . . . lots of water.

Is this your first time on CD?

No I did it last year and lost three stone but then got married went on honeymoon and was taken ill with glandular fever so never got a chance to re start it. It does work.
How much are you aiming to lose? X

61/2 would be amazing but I think I'm probably being over optimistic based on previous failures on WW and SW. Feel proper crook this afternoon. Don't like to drink any more water as I've had about 5 litres and too much water can be dangerous (dilutes salts in blood).

Dreading cooking eveining meal for kids - last night was purgatory, and tonight I feel worse!! Roll on ketosis, things can only get better:p

honestly- just battle on through to ketosis - you can do it hun.

Once you reach there you will feel so much better.

I knocked myself out of ketosis last week (stupidly) and I am also on day 2 of getting back in to it - I have no food in my house luckily so I can only have shakes or water lol x

good luck - and trust me you will see BIG results! xx

Keep up the good work, it is hard but am developing bad headache depsite drinking loads and husband just told me my breath smells so perhaps I'm getting there!!

Can't believe I'm happy to have a headache and bad breath....so sad??

Haha bad breath probably means ketosis so you are on the right road. I am getting ketosis stix tomorrow but mostly because if it goes too dark purple I know I am not drinking enough than anything.
I got weighed today and I started Monday and have lost 11 pounds woo hoo so only another 6 stone 2 to go now. I am breaking into smaller goals though then not as daunting xx

wow that's amazing, lets hope I can do that well. Was it your official weigh in? 11 lbs in 5 days?

Hi Timsmom
Yeah 11 in 5 days with CDC although when I weighed myself this morning it went back up 1 but I missed a shake yesterday and day before which will mean I missed water too. Hopefully better tomorrow as had everything today and checked and am in ketosis
You doing ok? X

Doing fine, unofficially I've lost 11 on my scales but still not in ketosis(checked with sticks)? This is day 6 so don't understand it really - anybody got any ideas?

The ketostix can be in accurate. If u are drinking lots of water and flushing ketones out that cud be why no trace but main things are. Do u feel starving hungry or ok? Xx

No just normal hungry, not starving but a cuppa or a glass of water staves it off. Certainly no sense of euphoria or energy burst yet. So glad you replied, feeling a bit low this am!!

Just keep at it Hun. I had a pants morning but am getting stuck into my work cos can have a mousse when it's over lol.
My CDC said she once had a woman who lost 8 stone and never once showed evidence of being in ketosis. Message me back and tell me exactly what u are havibg in a day Inc how much additional water. I am a nurse and still panic about ketosis etc myself. My CDC won't stock ketostix for this very reason of how u feel now xxx

My sister is also a nurse and is convinced I should be in ketosis. My counsellor has only been doing this a few weeks and doesn't seem to have the answers I'm looking for. All I've had for 6 days is shakes, 200ml milk which I've used in tea and coffee and about 4 ltrs a day of water - nothing but nothing else! I wonder if sweetners affect ketosis cos I have a sweetner in coffee?

Also need to get stuck in to work, will feel better once I've had lunchtime shake!
xx

Right ok sweetness can effect it yes. Which make and what type ie tablet/powder are you using? I will email
My CDC as she replies dead quick. It may not be showing as you ate drinking four litres plus shakes you are prob flushing it all out which is good. I really struggle drinking the min 2.25lt I don't know how u do it lol. Is it skimmed milk too?
Hang in there we will solve this problem xx

Ok re sweetners any tablet form is ok but powder form can have more carbs and effect ketosis. If it's not that think your body just works really well and flushes it out do doesn't show as will be so diluted due to amount of water u drink? Xx

Thanks honey, that was kind. I'll just keep plugging away. It must be working as scales are diving :D Just hope it doesn't grind to a halt in week two when all my water's gone!! Hope you're having a good day and not working too hard xx

Well it stands to reason that on 615 cals a day you'd carry on losing. I have been stuck at same weight since fri and hoping scales move soon aghhhh xx

It will move soon. Have read on here that your body can go in to shock and starts saving fat reserves after a week or so so I guess we just don't need to panic and keep plugging away.

Have just had a tantrum at DH and kids so have sulked off to bedroom to use computer and give them all a break. Keep flying off the handle, can't make up my mind if its hormones or the diet. Feels similar whatever it is.Hope it doesn't last for duration of diet LOL

Back