New to Cambridge Diet

dolly1987

Just wanted to say hello to everyone as i am starting the cambridge diet tomorrow. Would love to hear from anyone else ways to get through the initial stages of the diet. I know once ive broke the first week and see some weight loss then ill stick to it. Just a bit daunting as ive got 5 stone to lose! :confused:

:welcome2: Hi Dolly, and welcome to the Cambridge forum. All I can say for the first week is that -it will be hard, but it's so worth it when you see the weight drop off you on the scales weekly. Just keep sipping your water during the day, and if you do start thinking about food try some distraction techniques, like going for a nice soak in the bath, paint your nails, or go for a nice walk (weather permitting!), or even go to bed for a little while.
And the most important thing? - If you need any support or advice or you're struggling get on this forum. The people on here are absolutely amazing and inspirational. I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have done without them, to be honest.
Good luck with your first day! I look forward to following your progress. :)

HIya , good luck with tomorrow :)
The most important things are - glug lots of water , whenever you feel hungry have a glug , it does help distract you and fill you up a little . Distraction is very important , i always clean the house in the first few days as it keeps me busy , sleep , walk do anything not to think about food .
space your shakes out , everyone has different times they like to have their shakes , I have my first at 12 , then 6pm then 9pm , as i am normally an evening snacker , so I have something to look forward to in the evening . You can even split the packs , so you have 6 smaller shakes which can help
Like tess says , there is always somone on here that is going through that first week or just done it ( I am on day 6 now ) to give you support, advise and encouragement .
and the thing I find helps the most is positivity !! Look at this diet as a positive step towards a happy healthy life , dont dread it , dont worry about it , love it and it really helps , this diet is a head game and if you get your head in the right place it can be quite simple :)

as for loosing 5 stone ... when I started in november last year , I had 8 stone to loose ... I did the diet for 5 months , and lost 6.5 stone ( so your 5 stone will soon be gone ) , then I had a break for 6 months , now I am back to loose the rest .. I never thought I would get this far , but I did , and if I can then anyone can :)

also it does help to start a diary in the diary sticky at the top of the cambridge page :)

good luck and look forward to seeing how you get on :)

Hi Dolly, welcome. The first week will be hard and all you can do is stay strong minded and determined to get through it and drink plenty of water. Get through it during the hard times because it will be well worth it when you see yourself getting slimmer.

Good luck. :)

I did CD last year and lost 5 stone, so it can be done.... my downfall is day 5, I put 3 stone back on so am back to lose it again, this is my third attempt at restarting and I always failed on day 5, not because I was hungry but because my brain said I needed food (which I didn't as the packs are our food), I am now on day 13 and have managed to stick to it this time...... I cannot wait to be thinner for Christmas, that is my incentive at the moment....

Back