New to Cambridge

rubyred42

Well I've made the decision to try Cambridge Weight Plan after reading so much about it on this forum and contacting a CDC. I did LL last year and felt fantastic when I stopped after losing 5st 10lbs, but I've put on 2 stones and want to get it off and feel good again. My aim is to lose 3 stone by Sept 4th when we go to a friends wedding and my OH is best man.
From what I've read and been told I thing my biggest hurdles are going to be the 1st week and also the fact that it's 3 food packs on Cambridge but I'm used to 4 on LL.

Meeting my CDC on Thursday so will be starting on Friday morning and I'm hoping to be feeling ok when I go to work next Monday, we'll see!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Me too, I start tomorrow, I'll be looking forward to reading your progress :)

Best of Luck Ruby - LL is extremely similar and if you've had that sort of amazing success in the past I'm confident you'll take to the CD like a duck to water.

Completely agree with the first week being the hardest, I'm only half way through the first week myself (hump day today!) - but once that week is over and we're well in to Ketosis apparently it's just a case of being bored rather than hungry, so just keep busy I guess!

Looking forward to keeping up with your progress ^_^

- Joe

Last edited:
Hi Joe best of luck with the rest of your week, be strong and thinks of the results when you step on the scales after completing 7 days.

I've just been to meet my CDC and pick up my packs so I'm now ready to go in the morning just hope I can keep positive over the weekend!

Day 2 I was bloody starving, enjoyed the tetra and the tomato soup! No headaches! I am really tired but that might be coz I had such a crap nights sleep last night, what about u? X

Hi Joe best of luck with the rest of your week, be strong and thinks of the results when you step on the scales after completing 7 days.

I've just been to meet my CDC and pick up my packs so I'm now ready to go in the morning just hope I can keep positive over the weekend!

The weekend is definitely proving pretty tough for me but like you say, after the first 7 days and you see results going in the right direction that should be enough motivation to spur it on further, just a case of getting to that point one day at at time! ^_^

Also...

JEALOUS! :p

- Joe

So it's day one for me and so far I've drunk 1.5 litres of water with summer berry flavouring and I've just had my 1st chocolate tetra and it was gorgeous but i could have had 2 so more water for me!!

Feeling good and positive and saw my friend this morning whose wedding we're going to in Sept where I hope to be at least 2 stone lighter and feeling good about myself again.

Hope everyone else's day is going ok ?

Roll on 5pm now so I can get out in that lovely sunshine.

DiaryofaFatty said:
The weekend is definitely proving pretty tough for me but like you say, after the first 7 days and you see results going in the right direction that should be enough motivation to spur it on further, just a case of getting to that point one day at at time! ^_^

Also...

JEALOUS! :p

- Joe

Joe I love my iPad and I use it everyday, a good investment!

So it's day one for me and so far I've drunk 1.5 litres of water with summer berry flavouring and I've just had my 1st chocolate tetra and it was gorgeous but i could have had 2 so more water for me!!

Feeling good and positive and saw my friend this morning whose wedding we're going to in Sept where I hope to be at least 2 stone lighter and feeling good about myself again.

Hope everyone else's day is going ok ?

Roll on 5pm now so I can get out in that lovely sunshine.

Sounds like you've made a good start! The Choc tetra's are definitely their best product (I actually buy 21 a week) - I'm also a sucker for the summer berry flavourings too ^_^

Stay strong and good luck!

- Joe

Last edited:
God bless chocolate tetras! I have two a day and look forward to them so much lol! If only they lasted a little bit longer....

Yeah I keep meaning to try watering them down as that's what one of my old consultants used to do as they're so thick, she said they tasted fine.. not sure if I believe her so I'm yet to give it a go :p

- Joe

Well by the time I finished work yesterday I was shattered. I came home and went to bed and slept for a couple of hours, got up for an hour and then went back to be to watch telly. Got through 4 litres of water and my 3 packs so was pleased.

Sat day 2 - struggled to get up and get going this morning thank god for my black coffee!! Felt lethargic and had a bit of a head all day and it's fair to say been feeling a bit down. However in the last hour I've been feeling a bit more positive and I've even made a banoffe pie for my godsons birthday party tomorrow and I didn't lick my fingers once!! Doing well with my water again and looking forward to vegetable soup for tea. I think it'll be another early night but I know I'll feel better in a few days!!

DiaryofaFatty said:
Yeah I keep meaning to try watering them down as that's what one of my old consultants used to do as they're so thick, she said they tasted fine.. not sure if I believe her so I'm yet to give it a go :p

- Joe

I have thought about watering them down too, but part of their appeal is the thickness (for me any way). That said, I take my tetras to work. The first one is fine for brekkie but the lunchtime one isn't enough really. Maybe I'll try it on Monday and report back....

Thanks for the encouragement! Off to bed now and hopefully will be feeling much better by Monday when it's back to work.

hey all.
im new starter also. on day 4 and feeling quite lethargic and headachy so hopefully that feeling will b.ugger off soon. wishing u all loads of luck. this site is great for motivation.:)

So it's day three and it's not been too bad once I got going, I'm sleeping a lot at the mo! ! Still got a bit of a headache but survived a family party this afternoon where there was so much food it was ridiculous. I had a soup before I went and took my two litres of water with flavouring inane stuck to that. Feeling very proud of myself this evening.

I'm going to pop to change some packs tomorrow, for me it'll be vegetable soup and chocolate tetras that'll get me through this. I just hope I like the orange water flavouring as I've started going against the summer berry one, and I just can't drink the amount of water I need to without some flavouring in so fingers crossed!

I'll be off to bed soon and back in work tomorrow, hope I feel ok in the morning I've got a busy day!

Back