New to cambridge

Milky

Hi All

I have just started the cambridge on tuesday and I am freezing esp my hands and feet! Is this normal?

I am on sole source at the moment, how long does the hunger last for? I seem to be starving all of the time, eventhough I am drinking at least 4ltres of water a day!

Any further information be great too!:break_diet:

Hello!

Welcome to the best diet!

Cambridge is fabulous!

Try splitting your shakes so that you have 6 meals instead of 3 - it does help in the beginning.

Also try having warm/hot water instead of cold in these Winter months. I have had no cold shakes since about November.

The coldness comes from not having the thermogenics going on that food intake would give you.

Ketosis should kick in by Day 4/5

Hope all goes well for you

Put the thermals on too!

I started CD in July in blazing sunshine and I was frozen out!!

I find thermal socks help, cos i find if my feet are cold my whole body is.

Hiya and welcome,
Things will even out I'm sure and remember - spring is just around the corner. I was really cold at the beginning but now (day 9) I'm doing ok. Stick with it and you will see great results.
I can't say that I'm not still hungry at times but am trying to work out if it's emotional hunger or "real" hunger. It's probably emotional hunger cos, once ketosis kicks in, the real hunger is supposed to abate.
Best of luck to you and remember we're all here to support you on your journey
Tansyx

Hey, i restarted SS on tuesday too - i'm FREEZING cold. I split my shakes and drink sparkling water to help with hunger (although beware, a few people get hungry from the sparkly stuff, itfills your tummy with bubbles!)

Welcome to Minimins and best of luck xxx

8a2fojn.gif

To Minimins milky this is a great place to be loads of advice & plenty of support. Ketosis usually kicks in anything from day 3 onwards if sticking strictly with the pack hungar should normally stop then but sometimes it can take upto a week, unfortunately it did for me. I'm now on day 8 ssing & no longer feeling hungry. Hand in there hun it'll past soon. As for the cold it is very normal i'm freezing all the time like the others have said wrap up warm.

Good luck with your journey look forward to reading your posts.....xxx

Welcome Milky!

Wrap up warm as the coldness is probably with you to stay, but it means you are burning even more fat! The hunger will pass just got to hang in there for a wee while longer.

Georgie
x

Hi and welcome, cold, feeling hungry (at first) and going to the toilet lots is all part and parcel of this fab diet, but its all worth it in the end though!

Hello!

Welcome to the best diet!

Cambridge is fabulous!

Try splitting your shakes so that you have 6 meals instead of 3 - it does help in the beginning.

Also try having warm/hot water instead of cold in these Winter months. I have had no cold shakes since about November.

The coldness comes from not having the thermogenics going on that food intake would give you.

Ketosis should kick in by Day 4/5

Hope all goes well for you
Great tip about splitting the packs i never thought of that.Thanks

Good luck Milky. The ketosis cold is hard going but worth it in the end!

8a2fojn.gif

To Minimins milky this is a great place to be loads of advice & plenty of support. Ketosis usually kicks in anything from day 3 onwards if sticking strictly with the pack hungar should normally stop then but sometimes it can take upto a week, unfortunately it did for me. I'm now on day 8 ssing & no longer feeling hungry. Hand in there hun it'll past soon. As for the cold it is very normal i'm freezing all the time like the others have said wrap up warm.

Good luck with your journey look forward to reading your posts.....xxx

I hate to say this but you aren't supposed to be SSing with your BMI!!!

At BMI of 25 + 1 stone you go to 790 for a couple of weeks then to 1000 Plan.

There is a sticky about this at the top of the Forum

x

Hi All

I have just started the cambridge on tuesday and I am freezing esp my hands and feet! Is this normal?

I am on sole source at the moment, how long does the hunger last for? I seem to be starving all of the time, eventhough I am drinking at least 4ltres of water a day!

Any further information be great too!:break_diet:

What hands and feet???? :D:D:D I'm still cold I only warm up when I have had my packs and that warmth doesnt last very long at all, I'm only on Day 5 but hunger pangs 'gradually' wearing off - its getting earsier day by day xxx

I'm a newbie

Hi all,

I'm also very new to the Cambridge diet, joined on Thursday and I am really struggling with the headaches and hunger pangs. Not sure whether it's hunger or habit! Could do with some encouragement that it's all worthwhile.

I have 3 stones to lose and wanted to find out realistically how much you can expect to lose in the first week.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
:confused:

Hi Dennie

Welcome to CD and to Minis! The first week is undeniably tough but you just need to grit your teeth and hang in there and it will all be worth it. Week one losses vary enormously anywhere between 7 - 13+ lbs. You will soon be into ketosis which makes things a little easier. Keep glugging the water as it really helps!

Georgie
x

Oops, sorry, just realised that I have posted this on someone else's thread. Apologies I'll create a new thread.

Usually in the first week you can lose anything from 4-21 lbs!!

You will just have to wait and see!

I lost 3 stones in 7 weeks but then the heavier you are at the start the faster the weight drops off.

The hunger will go by Day 4/5 when ketosis kicks in but yes some of it can be hunger in the head and not the stomach.

Hope all goes well

Good luck with starting Cambridge, my hands and feet are freezing at the moment too, doesn't help when it's so cold outside!!! As for the hunger i think by the end of the first week when i was well into Ketosis i didn't feel hungry anymore. Shouldn't be long for you now :)

Back