Step 1 Sole Source New to cambridge

Hi Lucy,

Omg 11.1 that is just brillant seriously i want to get down to 11 stone so u shud be over the moon with that hun.

Im going to go to vegas with all of my friends, havent been out much cos of the hole spine thing, so i need a good party holiday haha!!!In a way i find it good cos i usually go out most weekends and my weight came on me from drinking stupid alco pops and then getting take away next day when hungover.

Its General Surgery, i fell at christmas and shattered a disc in my back, and bits of it went into my spine, dont ask me how i did it, lets just say 6inch heels and bottles of wine later can do real damage.

Hows the weather on holidays, do u find yourself more confident in your bikini and stuff.

I lost 3lbs this week so was happy with that cos i found myself picking at food which i usually dont but i just wanted everything that people were eatting.

I know its hard you dont want to let loose on holidays and eat all around you but enjoy it Luc honestly youve worked this hard.

E x

Hi emz, I'm back!!

Holiday was amazing, weather was Incredible, 43 degrees on 2days!?

Food was amazing and I have to be honest I enjoyed it all! I could have been better, I could have been worse! Think the only problem I have now is that I have that carb craving feeling again which will be hard to shake.

Only drank cocktails in evening and even then didn't drink alot as their measures are crazy, blow your head off!!

I even went to the gym on 2 occasions!?

We're swimming lots as the snorkelling on the reef was incredible. All types of fish!!

Even tho hotel was amazing 5* I still got Egyptian tummy, but I'm quite a susceptible person. What it has meant however, whatever I eat....comes out sooner or later....probably not a good thing but having been on my scales I'm around 11.3 so only put on 2lbs.

I've started back on Cambridge altho easing self in over weekend, by having 2 products and a meal/snacks.

Starting back sole source strictly on Tuesday!

Well done on another 3lb loss last week!!!! How did you do this week????

What did you keep picking on food wise? And why? Was it boredom or were you generally hungry in which case better to just eat something...

Fact is though your still losing a chunk of weight every week and overall a significant amount has been lost.

What you up to Over bank holiday?

Lucy x

Hi hun,

Sounds like you had a great holiday42 degress omg you must have a great colour ,2lbs you only put on luc thats AMAZING!!!Well done!

Your doing the right thing easing yourself back into it ,sounds like you will be back on plan in no time.

Lost 6lbs this week was delighted, have been so good only 2lbs off 3 stone so hoping it will be gone wednesday! Complete bordom the week before just picking at food ive stopped myself now.

I have to come off cambridge for 4-6 weeks because im having the operation on my back friday, i was pretty upset about coming off it because ive come so far and im defo in the right mind set.But im over it now ill just be 100% im still going to have a pack a day and no cards and i hope ill loose something anyway.

Had a pamper party last night it was my birthday during the week so all the girls called they cudnt believe how different i looked and i wont lie all the compliments i felt bloody amazing so i dont think ill stuff my face when i do come off it.

How are u doing?

E x

Hey emz

Well done on your 6lb loss that's amazing!!!

When do you come off Cambridge then?

I think you should see it as a welcome break to allow you to test how your will power for when you do eventually get to maintenance. If you eat veg/ salad and protein etc you should defo either lose or maintain.

Even if you put a lb or two on from being unable to exercise due to op, the fact is you just start Cambridge again.

You've come so far. I don't think you will give up!

Glad you had a lovely birthday too and so many compliments, rem those when your restarting etc!!

I'm ok, altho annoyed with myself. As my tummy really hasn't been right, I didn't do Cambridge over bank holiday and been eating loads of carbs and crap. If I've put weight on it won't be from holiday, it'll be from bank holiday weekend. Anyway started back officially today and determined to get back in the right head frame altho the carbs cravings are a nightmare!!!

I will do this, I will not give in to stupid cravings and I will push through this feeling and hopefully have a good SS+ week and lose any weight I put on.

Xx

Hey emz

Just had weigh in, I put on 4lbs. Annoyed with myself but ultimately that's over 2 weeks and I've eaten loads of everything.

Anyway back to it today!!

Week 1 again! Here it goes xxx

Hey Lucy,

To be far 4lbs in 2 weeks eatting what you want isnt that bad you hear people on this putting on double that over one weekend.

Your back on track now hun and you will be fine back to loosing every week again.

Im actually not coming off the camrbidge im going to do a 1000 calories a day untill im able to cut down to ss+ again duno how im possible going to manage it but ill have to eat 3 meals and 2 packs!

Was down 4.5lbs this week which was trilled so im 3st 2lbs in total, so im trilled in my head im half way there my target was 6 stone so im determind to reach it.

Hope your good x

Hey Emz

Well done on your 4.5lb loss that's incredible! I bet it's so motivating to think that you've lost half off your target already- I mean 3st is certainly a significant amount and takes some dieters years!

Also great news you don't have to come off Cambridge altho as you say I don't know how I would manage 3 products plus 2 meals- maybe if they're snack type meals then its easier....

I lost 3lbs this week which seems an average for me, and so only got 1 mor holiday lb to lose.

Hoping next week I'm under the 11st mark.

Gave all my bigger clothes to my friend as I don't want to be that size again.

Finding it quite hard tho as work busy ATM and there's lots of BBQ s and stuff in this nice weather.

Lucy

Hey Lucy,

Well done on your weight loss thats brill hun you will defo see below the 11st mark thats incrediable.

So i got my surgery done feeling much better, came off the cambridge for like a few days when i was on hosptial and even got chinese when i came out didnt feel bad cos i felt i deserved it.Anyway im back on track back on cambridge suppose to be doing the 1000cals but not getting that much into me so basically having extra fruit and veg.

I hope i dont slip or loose my motivation....everyone keeps saying how well i look so the pressure is on for the last 3 stone....

You can still enjoy a bbq , as a treat have some bbq chicken with green peppers at least u can join in on the eating part, are u 100% ss.?

Delighted u gave away ur clothes well dont u..:)

E x

Hey emz

I'm so pleased to hear your operation went well!!! That's fantastic news. And well done on you getting back onto the 1000ckal plan, altho I understand it must be hard to go from eating so little to suddenly having to up the intake. You will defo keep losing weight for sure though!!

Did you enjoy the Chinese?? I bet it was a real treat after you have done so well. When we had Chinese a lil while ago, after hol, before I got back on plan, I found I couldn't eat that much as it was so sweet etc.

Had an awful week this week, first I had an all day work course last week with lunch provided and there was barely a piece of greenery in sight so that wasn't healthy. I then went to Birmingham to see a friend for the weekend and forgot to take my Cambridge stuff which id packed ready!? Wasnt too bad over the weekend though, as my friend has lost loads on dukan diet anf eorked really hard to maintain. The final straw to this week was Monday, out visiting clients in afternoon and car broke down...hadn't got any food on me and it was around dinner time so ended up eating snack food whilst waiting for car to be fixed.

After all that I'm lucky I stayed the same this week. Although its given me the kick up the butt ive been needing since holiday to push on.

Anyway keep recuperating and you will be at the gym before you know it.

Lucy x

Hi. I am new to the Cambridge diet... day 3! And going strong! I am 25, start weight was 13.9 and im 5'7! Overweight by far!

Me and my bf have just booked an amazing holiday to Mexico for the 15th September. I am looking to lose 3.9 stone in that time. I have 12 weeks to do it - with two weddings where I will be off the plan for the weekend! Think its do-able?

Also- I am drinking 4 litres of water a day - normally during the working day 9-5 - as I don't seem to have the time when I'm home - is that enough water?

I am really concerned about saggy skin - how can this be reduced - my consultant said each person to their own - so hopefully it wont happy to me, but anything I can do to reduce it? I also, haven't been yet since on the plan, but go to a outdoor bootcamp class (circuits, weights, cardio). Will this help?

Sorry for all the questions! Any advice would be great! Thank you!

xx

Thanks a mill Lucy getting back to normal now alright cant wait to get back to the gym and swimming all im doing is internet shopping bad for my bank balance!!Lol!

I got a chow mein at the Chinese wow did I enjoy it but felt sick after it so wasn't worth it, I cant get weight now for another 3 weeks as I cant drive untill then.So looking forward to it!

Ah hun, you didn't do too bad really and you didn't put any weight on that's brill , you cant do anything about those work lunches, they never have any salad at them!!Also what a bummer about ur car hope you got it fixed and its sorted now nothing worse, did you have a nice weekend away in Bermingham, did your friend loose much weight on the dukan diet.I heard its very hard.

Are you back on ss now or you doing ss+ ?

E x

Hey emz

I'm SS+ as I've found it so hard to stick to SS only, but then with gym aswell it's just too little.

Tried having a good week altho was birthday celebrations over weekend for my father in law so not as good as I'd have hoped. No excuses this week.

Car sorted thank god but work have also offered me a company car as I'm working so hard.

Oh my goodness you won't know yourself when your able to get back to all the things you did before the accident.

Ha ha yeh Chinese makes you feel like that, but it is so nice for a treat.

How is CWP going otherwise? My motivation is not as good as before I went on holiday but then cwp has become a part of my daily routine in some ways, drinking shakes / bars etc for breakfast and lunch.

Need to find something to re motivate me.

Lucy x

Hey luc,

Im the same I feel a bit dis motivated, got a giant pizza with the girls the other night never enjoyed something so much in my life, I gave myself a day off cos it was get together.Back on ss+ again, haven't had a headache so I duno if I managed to stay in ketosis hardly but im hoping.

Only one more week and I can go back swimming went for a walk today was delighted.

Go you being offered a company car number 1 worker ;)

Your better off doing ss+ with the gym u need the meal, are u kinda getting sick of the shakes and bars im a bit like blaaaaaaa.!

Determined to get to goal weight tho still in good head space and your nearly there we can do it.

Do you have anything coming up that could motivate you to get into a smaller dress or something.

E x

Hey emz sorry for late replies, work is crazy and I've been working long hours again. Luckily the long hours have not made me want to snack too much but I have an addiction to peanut butter atm. It started out as a gym snack- peanut butter on sliced apple but now I can't stop !?

You been swimming yet?

I'm sick of the soups now and some of the really sickly flavoured shakes but the fruity ones are ok and I'm still happy with the bars, but totally understand where your coming from, starting to become monotonous.

I read another Cwc slimmers diary online and she said she had a wobble when she had lost weight and was starting to feel happy with everything and lost the drive to lose the other half but she had to try to find something to focus her.

I havnt got anything coming up altho my group of friends and I going centre parcs so will be in our swimsuits. I need to get that to motivate me.

My chap is moving in this week aswell after 2 years so I'm determined as he's on a protein/ gym health kick it will motivate me.

Bet that pizza was so nice with your friends and in future we can have that it's just getting into that head space that that's your great for the week and no more. I used to think I should be allowed a treat every evening but got to get out of that mindset.

Any bad habits you think you're learning to crack?

Good luck at weigh in tomoz!!!

Lucy x

Hey emz

Just to let you know weigh in today, I finally lost 3lbs and am under 11st!!! So pleased.

Thank you for keeping me motivating!!!

Lucy x

Hey Lucy,

OMG WELL DONE!!!Im delighted for you thats great movtivation that if you stick with something you will achieve it and it happene pretty soon aswell.

Havent had weigh--ins for 4 weeks because i couldnt drive with my back ,wasnt 100% sticking to cambridge at all just health eatting no carbs but have still managed to loose about 7 pounds in the 4 weeks which isnt bad, back to the Cambridge clinic on monday for my first weigh in back and too collect my Cambridge products, just have 3 more stone to loose and then im happy with that. Booked a holiday with the girls for the first wk of sep soooo looking forward to it, but loads of the girls are skinny minnies so i need to get my motivation back on track i think the holiday will defo boost me starting back at the gym monday aswell!!

Congrats on the bf moving in, im sure you will stick to the diet if hes getting healthy asweel ;)

E x

Hey emz

I'm sorry for the delayed response, work has been manic and it affects every part of my life ATM, inc Cambridge.

congratulations, you must be thrilled that you've lost another 7lbs even with just healthy eating! Do you feel that having done Cambridge it makes you more aware of what your eating? I've found out how much I eat just because or bored or everyone is eating, rather than actually being hungry.

That's fantastic that you've got something to focus on with the holiday otherwise it's easy to become distracted. Cut out some realistic pictures of celebrities etc of how you would like to look, it helps me.

You been gym yet? Good luck on weigh in tomoz!!!!

I've had 2 weeks since weigh in as my consultant was away and I have been doing so well in the days but the evenings and weekends have not been good. Not terrible, but simply not sticking to it. It's because I'm tired and stressed with work and not making time for gym etc.

Hoping to focus as off to France for few days I'm August with my chaps friend and his gf and she is a skinny Minnie too. Having lost the weight I have, I feel so much better and less of a whale next to her but I still don't want to be in a bikini or anything next to her yet.

I guess that's exactly what you meant in your message. I've just got to rem that every time I reach for something that will derail me.

Well done emz, keep going girl. The next 3 stone is going to get its ass kicked!!!

Lucy x

Hi Luc,

Thanks had my first weigh in this week was down 5lb was happy with that!!:)Back on it 100% and back to swimming and gym delighted, feel so much better.

Oh you seam so stressed with work, hope it goes ok for you, pity money dosent grown on trees eh..lol. Its hard to stick with cambridge at times when you have so much going on in life,i wouldnt worry about it your at target anyway arent you.:)

haha would you shut up, your a skinny minny as it is, and youve worked so hard for it so you should feel good next to her.France will be gorge, even tho the weather here is amazing soaking the sun up so ill be tanned going away, they say you look 10lbs lighter with a tan, LOL!",)

Thats a really good idea about celebs pics, i know its not skinny but im 15stone at the moment, havent been that size in years even bought a size 14 playsuit was weak for myself haha!!!

Ex

Hey emz

I feel terrible I haven't replied and I can't believe 4 weeks have gone by!?

How are you? How's weight loss? Your back ok? Still gyming and swimming??

It's incredible how much you've lost. How long till your girls holiday in September??

I've not been great over last few weeks- 1lb off then up 2lbs then stay same, then off 1lb then up again. Although I know exactly why it's been all over the place, my chap finally moved in and we've been pretty naughty takeaways biscuits etc, plus stress at work.

The stress at work though she start to wind down now and I'm determined. No more naughty stuff in house!!!

Got 1st 7 lbs to lose and I need to get back in the zone. Defo comes down to drinking lots!!!

It's been amazing though buying new clothes in much smaller sizes.

Anyway can't wait to hear how you are xxx

Hi Lucy,

So good to hear from you dont feel bad at all , been pretty busy myself.

Great to hear your boyfriend moved in i guess your aloud to have a few cheeky meals its good to be happy ;) Everyone has weeks when there up and down at least ur not gaining loads a pound is nothing, your nearly at your target weight stick to it, i know it can be frustrating with work aswell when ur under pressure and all u want to do it stuff ur face when u get home and relax!Hopefully it settles down for you.

Still gyming and swimming nearly everyday,im getting obsessed with it now, im down to nearly 14 stone from nearly 20 so im so trilled.But im more determined to keep going and get to 12 stone which is my target weight for my height.Going on holidays in 3 weeks counting down the days cannot wait.Still kinda dreading getting the bikini on but i know ive tried so hard the past few months to get the weight down and thats all i can do.

Im sure you will get back in the zone, just think 1st 7lbs is all u have to loose if u stick to the plan for 5 wks you should have it gone thats all it will take.Easier sed then done but your nearly there.

Hope your well :)

E x x

Back