New to CD and problems on day 1

Mrs.Tee

Hi,

This is my first time on a VLCD I have previously followed WW.

I visited my Consultant yesterday and started the programme today. I was really excited and I am ready to do this 100%............ but then I tried the products :cry:

I had the maple and pecan porridge for breakfast (i usually love porridge) and it was so bad I couldn't finish it. There was a taste that I can't really describe that I just couldn't get rid of.

So i have just had the mint choc shake for lunch and again all I could taste was the same thing!

Please can someone tell me this will get better or I will maybe get used to this odd taste? I know I can be strict with myself and really want to do this but after trying these first two I am worried.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me - hope I am not a lost cause!

It's probably all the vitamin and minerals they pack in Hun. I am really struggling because everytime I drink a sachet I heave quite badly. I can stomach the bars but you can only have one a day so I'm hoping it'll subside!

Lou x

Yep, that's the vitamins and minerals. There is an element of that in all the flavours but some are worse then others and it's different for everyone. Don't expect the flavours to taste like the real thing :( sad but true!! The porridge seems not to be well rated by anyone, by improve by some cinnamon on the top? Or some blender treatment to stop it looking like/tasting like wall paper!

I feel your pain. I only EVER have choc and mint, chicken and mushroom, plus leek and potato. I avoid the tetras (premade) unless it's a very rare Emergancy banana!!! And haven't tried the bars.

I reckon try the ones you fancy once and consider making them with a little more water or with crushed ice and make sure it totally blended up. If you don't like flavours take them back an swap them. Your CDC will understand!!! Then that way youve paid and can try the rest. Apparently the new mango is nice but I haven tried it!!! I'm being brave this week and trying cappuccino and vanilla!! Xx

And drink shed loads of water!!

You be ok, keep posting! Your CDC should be able to help! Maybe call her! X

Just had the plain choc shake with ice in for tea and it wasn't too bad!

So happy means even if I don't find any others I like I can just stick with this one!

Been in touch with CDC and I am swapping the porridge tomorrow! :). Thanks for all your help

Yay! My pleasure! Any time. You might as well have the ones you like. Some of them are an acquired taste shall we say!!

Good luck! Xx

I reckon try the ones you fancy once and consider making them with a little more water or with crushed ice and make sure it totally blended up. If you don't like flavours take them back an swap them. Your CDC will understand!!! Then that way youve paid and can try the rest. Apparently the new mango is nice but I haven tried it!!! I'm being brave this week and trying cappuccino and vanilla!! Xx

MANGO???? since when???? I LOVE mango!

Ooh, I've just had the vanilla one frozen, was very nice, a bit like a McDonalds thick shake.........

Spangles, I read it in here somewhence. I emailed my CDC, it's not on the maket yet but it's coming!!!!!!!!

They had mango out before, I thought it was disgusting, not like I expected at all :-(

OoooooOoooooh :(

I think it's only because I was craving something sweet though & it's just not what I got :)

do they still do choc orange......if they do avoid it like the plague,it smells great,it tastes not too bad,but.......the aftertaste omg it is the most revolting thing ever!(just my opinion lol)
My friend lost 3 stone on just choc tetras i thought how boring that must be but she loved them.
The coffee one doesnt really seem worth bothering with you can use your vanilla pack for a nice coffee. Also dont know whether you are having milk on your plan ,if you are you can froth up the milk in the blender and make some biscuits out of a bar and you have a latte/cappucino and biscuits.Dont make the biscuits in the microwave they are horrible,do them in the oven on about 150-160 degrees,cut a bar into really thin slices(toffee works really well the others arent that nice as biscuits)put on baking parchment then on baking tray they dont need long they bubble up and expand when they go golden get them out leave them to cool and they taste lovely x

You'll find that, once in ketosis and over a period of time, your tastes will change and you'll start liking things you didn't before and disliking things you did. You'll also potentially develop cravings for traditional food you'd never thought much of before- the first time around I would have killed for tomatoes and pineapple which I'd hated before!

Chocolate orange is still around and it is STILL vile!!!!

only toffee pecan made with cold black coffee for me!

Back