New to CD and struggling

Obsy

is starting to disappear!
Hi everyone,

I'm on day 6 and it's my first weigh-in tomorrow - I'm doing the 1000cal plan before moving down to SS+ eventually. I'm not doing too bad, managed to watch my parents eat a chinese and complain that there wasn't enough food and that they were still hungry. I laughed as a week ago I'd have been the same and yet I'm not hungry.

I'm struggling however on two areas. The first is water, I really struggle to drink it. Before I started CD I only used to drink 2 cups of coffee a day for over a week and then I would feel thirsty and have a glass of squash. Trying to up that to 2.25 ltrs is so difficult, I just cannot swallow it anymore and it doesn't help that I don't like the taste of water. Does anyone have any tips they can give me to help as I'm worried that I'm going to suffer if I don't drink the required amount of water.

The second is that I'm finding old habits die hard. Although I'm not really hungry with having the 2 CD packs, fruit and the small meal a day but usually on a weekend I would graze at little bits of food and I keep wandering into the kitchen, opening cupboards and talking myself out of undoing the good of the last 6 days.

Just hope the weigh-in tomorrow is a good one for my first week so it will spur me on.

i could never stomach water either, but ive gone through all the types of bottled ones and settled for evian in the end,but it has to be fridge cold,cant drink it warm ewwww, just keep talking yourself out of the kitchen, your doing well, hopefully those scales shalll say a lot tomorrow which will give you the power to carry on xx good luck

Obsy, I could've written that post myself. I'm exactly the same!!! So here's my water tips... cos seriously I struggle and I've tried everything.

On a morning I fill 2 500ml bottles, I have one on the way to work, and one as soon as I get there. (1l down without noticing).

At 10am I drink another lot of 500mls, then at lunch time I have another 500ml (2ls gone).

I refill my bottle for 3pm break and finally I drink another 500ml on my way home. (3ls down the hatch) Then any extra I drink at home is a bonus.

I tried drinking a 2l bottle during the day but that just seemed so much harder and more daunting than my little 500ml bottles.

As for the trips to the kitchen, I still wander in there, look in the fridge and then wonder what it is exactly that I'm doing in there. (My fridge is empty apart from bottles of water and my Brita jug). I've kind of embraced that now and count it as exercise lol.

1000 was the most difficult step for me, and I only found it okay just as I was coming out of ketotis. I still don't like it much :) It is more than 1000 below my BMR (which means v low cals) but more carbs than what would put me in ketosis which means dealing with lots of hunger but not much food. 810 was my favourite step :)

I have just started using the water flavouring and it has incresed my water intake dramatically .. I probably was only managing 1.5 litres as I hate plain water .. but with the flavouring I can amanage 3 l easily . You are onyl allowed 1 tsp a day .. but I find that enough for 2 litres of water .. so only have a Litre of plain which I find easier :)
May be worth a try ( I love the summer berry one )

Thanks everyone for your messages and advice. I lost 6lb today, was a little disappointed but my CDC was pleased, especially as I'd not had enough water each day, I'd missed out some fruit and the salad each day and it's my TOTM. Feeling better about it now though as my CDC has allowed me to try the water flavouring (summer berry) and I love it, managed to drink a litre tonight no problems. That plus my plain water and I should be laughing! Once I've got the hang of drinking enough fluid then I'm going onto the 810kcal plan as I just find I'm not hungry enough to have everything on the 1000kcal plan.

My current water bottle is 750ml so I knew that I needed to have 3 of those for my min water intake but it puts me off the size of it. Think I'll take your advice SurfHunny and use smaller bottles

xx

Well done on your weigh in hun, once you've got your water drinking into a habit you'll be flying along xx

Thanks hun. Had a bad day today, feel really dizzy and sick and was worried that I was going to faint so I had more carbs than I should have (some more couscous and a small plain jacket potato). Am back on the straight and narrow tomorrow. Just hope that I haven't wrecked the chance of having a decent weight loss this week xx

I felt quite dizzy and sick while I was getting into ketosis. Stick with it hun, I still have dizzy spells even now, but I'm used to it and compensate by not leaping up too quickly. Try and stay away from the carbs because they'll keep you out of ketosis. Hope you feel better soon.

Obsy, I could've written that post myself. I'm exactly the same!!! So here's my water tips... cos seriously I struggle and I've tried everything.

On a morning I fill 2 500ml bottles, I have one on the way to work, and one as soon as I get there. (1l down without noticing).

At 10am I drink another lot of 500mls, then at lunch time I have another 500ml (2ls gone).

I refill my bottle for 3pm break and finally I drink another 500ml on my way home. (3ls down the hatch) Then any extra I drink at home is a bonus.

I tried drinking a 2l bottle during the day but that just seemed so much harder and more daunting than my little 500ml bottles.

As for the trips to the kitchen, I still wander in there, look in the fridge and then wonder what it is exactly that I'm doing in there. (My fridge is empty apart from bottles of water and my Brita jug). I've kind of embraced that now and count it as exercise lol.

super tips. i'm from teesside (billingham) too!

Thanks everyone for your messages and advice. I lost 6lb today, was a little disappointed but my CDC was pleased, especially as I'd not had enough water each day, I'd missed out some fruit and the salad each day and it's my TOTM. Feeling better about it now though as my CDC has allowed me to try the water flavouring (summer berry) and I love it, managed to drink a litre tonight no problems. That plus my plain water and I should be laughing! Once I've got the hang of drinking enough fluid then I'm going onto the 810kcal plan as I just find I'm not hungry enough to have everything on the 1000kcal plan.

My current water bottle is 750ml so I knew that I needed to have 3 of those for my min water intake but it puts me off the size of it. Think I'll take your advice SurfHunny and use smaller bottles

xx

hiya

you could also try adding more water to your shakes, making them into a large pint. i always have a pint of water before my shakes and that's the way i get my water down my neck. it's really important that we drink it though as we're not getting any water from food.

Hi hon, well done on your weight loss this week, With regards to the water I swear by using a straw. Even at work i sit there with my pint glass with a straw in it. Room temp water and i can drink a pint at a time without really noticing it.

Hope this helps, keep up the good work x x

Oh wow. I went to Julie when I first did CD, she's lovely, I go to a lady in New Marske now, but only because it's closer to home for me. I'd love to have gone back to Julie but I wasn't getting home til after 10 on weigh in nights. One of the girls at work still sees her.

What a small world tho, I used to live in Billingham and went to the Campus.

i used to use a woman in marske area who came to your house, Christine, but i'm not sure that she does it any more as her name wasn't on the CD list when i looked recently. yep campus is just up the road from me.

That's my CDC!!! She does still do it, I go to her house but I think she still does home visits. But I go to her house cos it's on my way home from work. I found her cos my mum went to her while I was with Julie (mum doesn't drive). She's fab too. Sometimes she's too nice to me, when I want her to tell me to pull myself together lol.

:hijack:Sorry Obsy, me and Great seem to have totally hijacked your thread.

Ah that's ok - I live in Teesside too - Thornaby to be exact lol!

Thanks for all the tips, I tried adding a bit more water to my shake today and I'm going to try the straw trick tomorrow.

I didn't think I could get into ketosis at 1000kcal intake - am I wrong?

x

Back