New to CD and struggling

some people can stay or even get into ketosis but if you are carb sensitive i don't think you can. i did the 1000 plan and think i was prob still in ketosis as i still didn't feel mega hungry. i tended to like the brekkie porridge and eat it for dinner too though.

Wow we've got our own little Teesside thread here. xxx

The Smoggie Brigade!!

I have no idea what ketosis feels like! I don't think I'm in some super far burning state though!

Followed the 810 plan today and I feel fine, even managed to drink a boat load of water

xx

Ketosis is hard to describe, this is how I feel when I'm in ketosis. The first few days in I have trouble getting to sleep at night, but am strangely not tired the next day, takes a few days for sleeping habits to get back to normal. I get a really sweet taste in my mouth (don't get the stinky breath get the taste instead). I feel frozen to the bone. But I have this calm, kind of peaceful (nothing is a chore) kind of feeling. It's weird, but I like it.

I bought some Ketostix from the chemist to test my wee (I like to know for certain I'm in K). But don't get them from the Boots at Teesside park, the pharmacist there was a bit funny about selling me them. And def don't get them from the Rowlands Pharmacy in Boro - the pharmacist had a right go at me cos he didn't want to sell his stock to people on faddy diets (they sell celebrity slim there, so what a hypocrit). I told him I was diabetic - that shut him up. It was a big lie, but he was out of order lol.

Lol, I don't blame you. Luckily mum is a nurse and gran is diabetic so I could try one of hers now and then! Think you can buy them online cheap though I have no idea how good they are.

I've heard that the ketostix might not actually be able to tell if you are ketosis so was wondering if it was worth getting some?

x

Hmm I guess they only tell you that you've got ketones in your urine, which are only usually present if you're in ketosis. I think it's daft to rely on them, I just use them now and then for reassurance.

Back