New to Dukan

Mrsspinky

I am hoping the Dukan diet is the last diet I do. Here is my story so far.

I have struggled with my weight since my teens and finally in 2006 I lost 5.5 stone on Lighter Life and I got within 2 hours of my goal when I quit due to emotional things happening in my life. I felt great I was exercising 7 days a week, I was sexy then I fell pregnant which was fab but as I was not use to the slim me I managed to put every lb back on and now my daughter is 4 and I still have my baby weight. Last year I went back to LL for about 7 weeks and did well loosing 2.5 stone but then I went on holiday and I just could not get back into it so here I am again only about 7lb lighter than I was when I started LL last year.

I friend gave me the Dukan diet book before christmas and so the study, research began and now I am ready to start.

Today is the day of the start of a slimmer me. I have 10 days of LL left so I am going to use it as my attack phase adding protein when I am struggling and then I will start the cruise phase.

Ideally I want to loose 7 stone which will take me to my goal weight but my first goal is 4 stone. I have motivation again as I want baby number 2 but I need to sort my weight out first.

My story is a little more complicated as in March 2009 I was rushed into hospital and nearly died of an illness called Gullian Barre Syndrome GBS and this awful illness attacks your intire nervous system and fully paralysed me. I am now fully mobile again however i get fatigued very quickly so exercise is hard but I am going to do my best.

As I think I am going to be doing this for a while I look forwards to hearing from you and getting advise to keep me on track.

Goodluck everyone 2012 is the year :wavey:

Wow, what a life story. I hope the Dukan does everything you want it to do. I have found it great so far, don't really have any advice as I am relatively new to it but there are very experienced dukaners on here who will give you good guidance. Hope the attack phase goes well!

Good luck x

Back