New to exante! just ordered my first bumper pack!!

meme85

Hi i'm melissa :)

I've been reading up on exante and just found minimins a few days ago and after reading everyones stories on here i've decided i'm giving it a shot!!
I've struggled with my weight since i had my son almost 9 years ago, i ate and ate when pregnant and piled on 5st :( and my weight has went up and down ever since, 2 daughters later and i'm now at my heaviest of 17.5st

I'm nervous but determind to shift this flab, i'm fed up of being the biggest out of all my family and friends

Couple of questions

I noticed some of you say you blitz your shakes?? could i get a shaker and use that instead?
and are the shakes thick??

I just got the shake bumper pack to start with and i might mix it next month i'll see how it goes :)

Hi Melissa,

Well done on your decision to take control. There are lots of stickys on the first page that give you tips on what to do with your shakes, I tend to mix mine in a blender with ice and they do come out lovely.

Let us know when you start

K
x

Hi Melissa
I bought a shaker from sports direct for a quid. I take it to work so I don't have to faff with blenders. At home I use a stick blender and they ate better done with this but a shaker works fine yes. Good luck on your journey x

Hi, I use a shaker too, but I prefer to stretch my shakes out so I split the pack in half & use 300ml water for each half-if you make them with the 250ml they're not really thick but they are very creamy. Everyone has their own personal opinion though!!

Well done on taking the plunge, it's not easy but it will definitely be worth it :0)

Hi Melissa, day 5 for me today, and not had any problems, all good so far, just take 1 day at a time, good luck on your journey.xx:)

Hi Melissa,

It feels good to have taken the first step doesn't it?

I'm on day 3 today and apart from some headaches which I expected it's all been fine.

So far I havent been hungry! It's more the cravings that get me but that's all in my head so I just take myself off to do something to keep me busy! A nice hot bath worked well last night :)

Good luck x x x

Hi Melissa, I started Wednesday and I'm loving it so far. I use the blender for the shakes and the soups. I tried them in a shaker but I'm really sensitive to lumps and if there is even a hint of a lump, it puts me off, and there were a few using the shaker.
Good luck on your journey, and keep us all updated on your progress :) x

Hi thanks :)

It does I'm looking forward to not worrying about food! I know I'll get cravings (I've got a very sweet tooth) but it'll all be in my head as I know the shakes provide what I need :) and I tend to get headaches anyway so nothing new there :)

It looks like there's so many different way to make the shakes! The hot choc chip sounds lovely I'll giving that a try along with the latte :) I'm really excited! Lol

I'll be getting myself a shaker as it'll be easier for work :)

Thanks again! :-D

Sounds like we have a similar attitude when it comes to cravings, that's what I keep telling myself-that I don't actually need anything as I'm getting all the nutrition I need from the packs! Mind you I indulged my "stodge" craving last night by making up a banana shake with a smaller amount of hot water do it was like custard (think I read that suggestion on here somewhere!).... It was yummy!!!!

hey melissa, i am 1 week in and 13lb down :) the shakes are pretty good tbf. i put a tea spoon of coffee in the vanilla ones and the chocalate ones and it makes it 10x better. first 3 ish days is hard coz your body is finishing up all the carbs in your body and it starts to worry a bit but i felt the actual hour when my body went into ketosis. it was almost euphoric as my hunger vanished and the fatigue i was feeling just vanished. best thing is not to rush it, dont expect a stone a week every week as the first week is alot of water weight etc. but yeh good luck to you :)

mmm good idea im defiently having that for breakfast tomorrow :)

that sounds yummy! i cant wait to try these different ways of making up the shakes.
i ordered my pack on friday so it should be here either tomorrow or tuesday :) i actually cant wait to get started!
I've just been reading the stickys and finding out what i can and cant drink as i'm not a fan of plain water, think i've got the just of it though :)
and i've bought a shaker for when i'm in work :) i'll use the handheld blander when at home

Have you told anyone your doing exante? i told my mum and husband but thats it so far

:)

Well my exante packs haven't arrived yet :-( gutted, I want to get going with exante as I know it's going to be a tough few weeks to begin with *sigh* suppose I'll just need to find my patience!

did your packs arrive hun? i did the same as you and ordered just shakes on friday.. they arrived at half ten thismorning so got started today.. let us know how u get on good luck xx

No they didnt :-( but i did get an email telling me i'll be getting them tomorrow!! :-D i'm hoping they coming in the morning so tomorrow can be day one, did your arrive through the royal mail or was it a courier?

Hey Nicky, think we used to talk on here before... do you remember me?

I've just started as well, today is Day 3. Day 1 was pretty hard but it does get easier, just stick with it!

yeah hi caroline!!! well done on your losses so far!! great minds think alike hey!? so im a day behind you, ull have to keep us updated on how ur doing :) xx

meme i got a text to say what time they were coming.. it said between 10:20-11:20 and they came at half 10 by courier! early enough i started them the same day.. hope they arrive soon :) xx

Back