new to exante

slushy

Silver Member
hello everyone

well i am a bit of a veteran of vlcds. I succeeded in losing two stone on cambridge a few years ago - went out and got drunk and ate like a pig and that was the end of that - put it all back on again plus the usual extra and have since failed to even get into ketosis and past day 2 on cd at least 10 times.

since i was last on here for more than an hour - my life has been all change - split up with partner of 8 years and then my ex from ten years ago who was always the true love of my life found me on facebook and woohoo we are back together... but i cant get it out of my head that he knows me and remembers my body from ten years and 3 stone ago! SOOOOO this is my motivation for coming back to a vlcd and specificially to exante

i had seen a lady in SHE magazine just before christmas who had great success on exante and decided to give it a go

however january/february had so much happening socially including a holiday that i knew it was pointless starting any new diet plan then

i actually am now on day 2, i need to lose 3 or perhaps 3.5 stone ( will see when i get there)

day one was actually not bad but i do miss my tea - am trying to get used to drinking it weak and black

i had a choc shake - cold - liked the taste but am wondering if i am allowed to have shakes hot?? had a thai chicken soup which i loved and a choc orange bar which was delish!

i have found the soup and shakes much easier to mix than cambridge and so far better tasting too

anyway i am off to update all my profile information

looking forward to getting to know you

'heres to success!'

Hi and welcome to Exante
Yes, I have my choc shakes hot sometimes, I put a little cold water in mine so it is not quite boiling otherwise I burn my mouth!
Good luck and hope it works for you.
Bren xx

Welcome and good luck, hope you manage to stick with it and reach your goal (and manage to stay there)

Hello and welcome. :)

I sometimes have my shakes hot too, especially the chocolate cos no matter how hard you shake it for some reason that one always stays lumpy for me. :confused:

I find a sweetener in them when hot makes them a shade nicer. I also sometimes sprinkle a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon or cocoa powder on top of them.........

My tip for sticking to the diet is quite simple, do it one day at a time.

In your head you kind of go "well I might need to eat something tomorrow but surely even I can do this just for today?". I kind of start each day thinking that, and so far I've managed it............ only on week 5 mind but still positive, still losing and still more or less sane despite some no-diet-related stressful stuff going on all around me at the moment.

Hi!

We all need the right motivation to lose weight. Can't think of anything better than the love of your life. Congratulations!!

Lovely to meet you Slushy,
Looking forward to sharing the journey.

Love Myr xxx

Hi slushy
it's time eh?
And why not

stay with us
we'll drag each other along if you want

Hi Slushy,

you can do this.........and :welcome:

Shaz x

aww thanks ladies
well day 2 is almost done and dusted as i have to be in bed around 8 tonight due to very early start tomorrow
have to say that hand on heart i do find the meals MUCH nicer than i ever found cd - i even like the strawberry and thast unheard of for me
also had tom soup tonight and found it ok with a bit of pepper in it!

anyway - day 3 tomorrow and hopefully ketosis will kick in

will keep you all updated and hopefully get time to read your threads later tomorrow

x nite

everyones hopeful expectations are looking towards the quickest solution

you will be very lucky to get into ketosis so quickly
I hope you do, but just want to not build your expectations up too soon
I think I was quite slow getting into ketosis
Miss D had some lousy headaches
you are starving

but...
its usually good after that, so do stick with it

I personally took til the middle of my 3rd week before I felt like adding exercise
I really think my body has taken til now-the 4th week before its finally said
"Hey, so you want me to burn the fat stuff on the ass & stomach"
:D
I hope you have an easy time

one day at a time I think is the best mindset

Hi and welcome slushy!! Good luck and I second Maggie on trying not to have expectations. Easier said than done though! I'm realising slowly that I have to ignore the scales (I'm a serial weigher!) and have faith in the system.

(Maggie, I can't wait to see your losses this week! You're such a tease!)

Hi Slushy,

How's it going ? Great to have a new person on the forum. I think the exante shakes aren't bad too.I use a battery operated milk frother to wizz em up and I am a lump free zone [ I wish]

Old love, new love ?? sounds exciting, don't forget to love yourself too though !!!! Be kind to yourself, enjoy your re emerging shape.

TT

Hi Tummy Tamer,

I could not agree with you more......the bit about loving yourself...being kind to yourself.

Shaz x

Back