New to Lipotrim

PaulaJ

Exclamation mark abuser!
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on here on and off for about a month now and have been going through some weight loss options with my doctor in the mean time. After careful consideration I have decided I would like to give Lipotrim a go and I will be starting on Tuesday:eek:
I just wanted to say hi and wondered if anyone has got any tips or suggestions when starting out on LT. I've seen a few posts about getting some Ketostix so have ordered some is there anything else I need to buy to help me out? I'm also interested in ideas to jazz the shakes up and how everyone survives LT at work etc
Anyway hope to hear from some of you and hope to chat to you during my journey.
Thanks,
Paula:)

Welcome to the forum Paula, and good luck with your LT journey... The only tips i can give you, you probably already know from lurking... Drink loads, log on here etc..... Never be afraid to ask ANYTHING!.. The conversations we have had on here make nothing taboo any more!! lol
There is a recipe thread on here somewhere to make shakes more palatable, but i used to put bottled water in the freezer and shake it every so often. I then took it out before it froze completely, and make slush shakes.. It's the only way i could have them, and in the end i actually looked forward to them (sad, i know!! lol)
Try and get prepared for constipation as this seems to be a common problem with LT.. I use psyllium husks ... I (and many others) did not get on with the fibreclear that LT charge you through the nose for! As constipation can quickly turn from a minor irritation to a painful experience, make sure you have something to hand..... Well done for ordering the ketostix, but in all honesty, as long as you are 100% you do not need them-you will definitely be in ketosis.
I use a hand blender (you can get them cheap from Argos, or anywhere really) and that works for me...

Good or bad we are here to help and support each other, so chat away!! lol x

Hi Paula :)

Good luck on your Lipotrim journey.

Tips from me for the first week would be to treat the shakes as medicine that you are using to help you lose weight. Love them or hate them, get them down you and forget about them. I wouldn't dwell to much on fussing with them and making them into real food as such, as that'll just probably make you long for real food more. Drink as much water as you can. Log on here for lots of support - lots of us starting or re-starting between now and next week. I'm re-starting Tuesday. When the going gets tough, grit your teeth and hang on very tight as if you get past that you will be flying.

As for work, I used to have one before I left in the morning, then maybe one at lunch time - easy to prepare in the staff lounge, but I suppose it depends on your job and if you have somewhere to make them? and then one in the evening. If you don't want to tell people you're doing the diet, just say you've already eaten, not hungry, feel a bit sick or whatever. Most people really don't notice if you are eating or not if you don't mention it lol. They're more concerned that their own tums are full lol

I used to just drink my shakes with cold water from the fridge, and shake them up in a shaker I got from my pharmacist. Was really good and never had any lumps :)

Good luck! :) xx

Just wanted to say thank you for your tips! I have decided to start tomorrow now as my sister is still here (she lives in Edinburgh, I am in Devon) and we are going out for my "last supper" tonight lol. I feel like I am mentally prepared, picked up my shakes today and I've booked some annual leave and in a weird way I'm just looking forward to getting on with it. Good luck everyone!!
Paula

Good luck Paula you can do it :)

Back