New to LL

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by redscarlet, 4 September 2007 Social URL.

1. redscarlet

redscarlet I can do this

Low Carb
    Hi all Lighter Lifer's I'm going to a LL information evening tonight. Hoping this is for me, and that the meetings are not going to be too far from me as I don't drive. Did CD about 18mths ago, lost 5st and have put most of the weight back on. Why I don't know except to say I have a terrible relationship with food. So I think the counselling sessions with LL will really benefit me. Have most of you found them helpful and what are the shakes and bars like? Could anyone post a product list for me, thank you?

Looking forward to joining the LL club and start my long journey back to slimdom. :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Lighter Life
    :cool:Hi Red, I'm just coming up to my 100 days and I can honestly say this is the best thing I have ever done. I went along to the initial meeting, and had to wait 2 weeks until I started - I couldn't wait! It is amazing to see the weight come off so quick, I started on 5th June at 18 stone 1, and as of today I'm 13 stone 11. I've gone from a size 24 top and 22 bottom to a size 18 all over.

To be honest, I didn't think I had a warped relationship with food, I just thought I was a greedy mare who enjoyed it too much! But, the LL counsellor is great, and when I was about 3 weeks in, it was a lightbulb moment, I can now see that it was all about childhood for me ("you have to eat that, people are starving in Biafra!") - BIAFRA??!! Does that even exist??!!! And the old favorite, "I've worked hard to put that food on the table, so you need to eat it" - I can see that I do exactly the same to my hubby, I couldn't bear it when he left food on his plate, and last night, I scraped the reamins of his dinner into the bin instead of into me!!;)

So yes, I think the counselling is brilliant, it's 90 % of the journey, the weight loss is the other 5 % - and I never thought I'd hear myself saying THAT!!!:cool:

So good luck, start necking the water, and keep coming on here, some of the stories are totally inspirational, and the support you get is amazing!!!:gen126:

4. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Slimming world.
    Hi red welcome too the site good luck with your journey.
  5. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Hiya red scarlet
    wishing you all the best for the start of your journey to the new YOU :p
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.