New to Minimins and Slimming world

BabsSW

Hi

I tried SW some eyars ago; I didnt lose any weight so changed to WW.
I lost 4 stone with WW.

I have started SW again; i joined and attended meetings; I only lost 3lb the whole 8 weeks. When submitting my food diary I was told I probably was not being honest; hence I left. I was following plan 100% why lie; im only fooling myself. I have tried again following at home. Sadley no joy? i am not gaining nor losing?
I cannot exercsie as I have a muscle condition (similar to dystrophy)

I want to give it one more go and tips or help will be most welcome .....................

I'm following from home too, didn't really like going to class. I've only got books from 2014 so definitely find this place helpful for finding out about some of the changes to the plan, syn values etc

Might help to post a food diary, I don't think anyone will call you a liar on here! Terrible that you were made to feel like that but glad it hasn't put you off SW.

How much do you have to lose if you don't mind me asking? It can be quite slow if you're quite close to target. Or maybe if you've done WW recently then it would be slower because there's not such a drastic change in diet. I love SW because I love my food and nothing is forbidden, so hopefully you can figure out why it's not working because it is definitely a healthy way of eating for life.

Other things people say would be to make sure you're drinking enough water and measuring your healthy extras and make sure you get your 1/3 speed food when possible.

Best of luck Babs! Let us know how you get on.

Thank you for your reply and empathy Lougalx

I try to eat 1/3 of veg or salad but i do find it bloats me out and feel very uncomfortable?

A typical day for me would be:
Breakfast HE weetabix & HA milk
Cup of tea
Snack: low fat small pot humus 2syn
Carrott stick and apple
Coffee
Lunch: SW speed.soup muller yoghurt
Dinner: chicken in passata. Rice & veg
Snack: 9.30pm tea and toast 8syns

Breakfast: tea toast HE & HB
SNACK apple or fruit mix from M&S
Lunch: chicken salad no carbs
Yoghurt
Dinner: roast chicken thighs (skin removed) 4 small sw roast potatoes
Veg
Yoghurt

This is pretty much my diet?
Admittedly my water intake is low.
Just brought a water bottle to keep on desk.

Thanks for support and advise

Babs

Thats horrible someone said that to you, so disheartening. I have lots of friends who have tried all the diets out there, some have amazing results with different diets and very little or no loss with others. You can only try and go with the one you find that works for you, good luck xxx

Food diary looks good to me, you're probably having more speed than me! I'm not bad with it when I'm in work but on days off I'm very lazy with the speed stuff.

Hopefully increasing your water will help, are you a serial weigher like me (I weigh every morning and sometimes before bed too) or do you only jump on the scales on weigh day? I know weighing every day isn't the best idea but I find it helps me to see how my weight fluctuates from one day to the next.

Loads of ideas on here for meals, loads of great support, you could join in a monthly challenge for a bit of extra incentive. It could be that you'll be a slow loser on SW, but as long as it's going in the right direction and it's a diet you can stick with then only you can say whether that is more important than losing the weight quicker in a way that isn't sustainable.

Back