New to Minimins!

RobertMcA

Hello all, my name is Robert and i'm a 16 year old male in need of some advice!
I am overweight, but not by much. My BMI is 26.3, and I think slim is 24 or so?

Anyway, I am currently 5'10 and weigh 13 stone, which at first shocked me when I went to boots to measure my weight as I expected to be 12.5 stone.

What I really need help with, is a diet and exercise. I eat whatever I want right now, which is probably why i'm getting bigger. For breakfast I have cereal (usually coco pops), for lunch I have: a ham baguette, yoghurt, milk, soup, roll and a piece of fruit (apple or tangerine), and for dinner I have whatever my mum makes me.

I walk to and from school, which takes me 25 minutes to get to school, and 35 minutes to walk home from school (I have to go up hills when walking home, and down them when going to school).

What can I do to improve my diet, and overall weight? I'm new to this so I really don't know where to start!

Thanks for your help :) Oh and P.S. I didn't know where to post this :eek:

Hi Robert and welcome to minimins :)

My BMI is 26.3, and I think slim is 24 or so?
There isn't a number for teens of your age. It's calculated according to sex and age percentiles, so basically how your weight compares with other lads of your age.

For breakfast I have cereal (usually coco pops), for lunch I have: a ham baguette, yoghurt, milk, soup, roll and a piece of fruit (apple or tangerine), and for dinner I have whatever my mum makes me.

That sounds a good start :) Plenty of carbs and protein :) Maybe a little too much good stuff, but that depends on what your mum makes you and also if you have baguettes and soup with a roll on the same day, or if you're just giving examples.

The cocopops are kind of high in sugar, so maybe weetabix, porridge or shredded wheat or something similar if you like it.

Keep snacks to the good stuff like yoghurt, fruit, maybe some nuts, slice of cheese or hard boiled egg. Limit stuff like coke and fatty meals. Maybe reduce portion sizes for the meals your mum gives you.

What about sport? Is there anything you really would like to do? Not something that you feel you should do, but something you would enjoy?

Hi Robert and welcome to minimins :)

There isn't a number for teens of your age. It's calculated according to sex and age percentiles, so basically how your weight compares with other lads of your age.

That sounds a good start :) Plenty of carbs and protein :) Maybe a little too much good stuff, but that depends on what your mum makes you and also if you have baguettes and soup with a roll on the same day, or if you're just giving examples.

The cocopops are kind of high in sugar, so maybe weetabix, porridge or shredded wheat or something similar if you like it.

Keep snacks to the good stuff like yoghurt, fruit, maybe some nuts, slice of cheese or hard boiled egg. Limit stuff like coke and fatty meals. Maybe reduce portion sizes for the meals your mum gives you.

What about sport? Is there anything you really would like to do? Not something that you feel you should do, but something you would enjoy?

Sport, hmmm... I usually go and play football for a few hours on a Friday, and i've always wanted to do boxing as it looks fun :)

It's a small baguette, one roll with soup (and I don't finish the soup, just the roll, plus it's vegetable soup)
I have that kellogs special K that I eat regularly, and weetabix.

Thanks for your help :D

Welcome to Minimins Robert :D:D:D

Isis x :)

Welcome to the forum

sounds like your eating habits are not so bad , pretty much normal for someone your age.. like someone said though watch the coco pops.

goodluck

Back