New to MiniMins

Hey there guys,

I've just registered today after finding you when searching google for gastric balloon info and prices.

I've had a weight problem for a few years now. I was 8st2lb during my late teens, at 22 I started putting on weight it was really quick and somehow i didn't seem to notice until i woke up a year later 4 stone heavier?!?!?!?

I have since discovered I've got an underactive Thyroid, and I'm now on meadication for this. My weight has stablised but hasn't decreased.

I work in a call centre with early and late shifts so i find eating healthy is a pain as we only have a sandwich bar at work and preparing food in advance never seems to work out.

I feel that the above are both excuses for not loosing weight and all i really need to do is eat healthy and exercise but somehow i cannot get myself to do it successfully. I sometimes think i musn't want to be thin otherwise i would live on a diet of salads and exercise constantly, but i'm beginning to think i might have issues.

I'm can be a motivated person but for some reason i cannot apply this to eating and this really annoys me.

I've tried slimming world but can only do 1 meeting every 2 weeks due to shifts. and cannot seem to get the food sorted to take into work. and you cannot just buy the food and eat it, it takes loads of prep.

i live on my own so i have no one to cook for so evening meals are few and far between.

I started looking at quick fixes like slimming pills and food replacement diets. Now my attention has been drawn to gastric balloons, I saw an article in a mag and googled it and found loads of info avail and after spending hours on this website i'm even more interested.

Going to start a saving fund today!!

Also considering going to Belgium to get it done, from reading this site it doesnt seem to be that much back up support after the op can any one let me know if you need much support (other than here) after the op.

Thanks Guys,

Claire
xx

Hi Irene,

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm actually in Gateshead myself, I moved from Newcastle a few years ago but still seem to say Newcastle everytime i'm asked. habbits die hard i guess. :)

Claire
xx

I still feel very homesick when I go down on the Newcastle quayside and look at 'my' town. It is so beautiful down there with the Sage and Baltic. I live near Seahouses now but most of my family still live in Gateshead.

Irene xx

Its really came on loads over the past few years. I've only been here for 3-4yrs but all the work the council are doing is really making a huge difference.
xx

Hi claire and welcome to minimins, good luck on your op.

hi and welcome....do try one of the diets on this forum before you have surgery. Only use it as a last resort! I also have an underactive thyroid and take 150 mcg thyroxin...but have lost 15 lbs on Lighter Life Lite - in the past 3 weeks. The diet is INCREDIBLY easy to follow - and the food is already prepared (well shakes and soups you add water) so it would be easy for shift work. I have four young kids - and have gained all this weight by eating while I am feeding them - and then with my husband later. BUT I have been able to follow this diet and am very excited....please try something before surgery - a good friend of mine nearly died after her surgery....it's scary...

Welcome Clara :) I live in Newcastle myself.

I would echo Marley's suggesiton. I've lost just over 11st, most of which was done on Lighter Life (which incidentally takes all of the pressure off in preparing food!).

Its not for everyone but I would consider it a step up from surgery. Surgery is definitely an option for many, but I'd always suggest trying a vlcd first.

Whatever you decide, good luck to you!

Back