New to Paleo

Vikx993

Hey all!

I was on Dukan for over a year lost a fair bit of weight, but just found I could not maintain it. I really missed fruit and all the different veggies! I was getting rather depressed about it all, and if I had to eat another Toffee fat free yog again I think I would scream.

So I started reading and looking more and more at the Paleo diet. It sounds great.

So I got a 6 week plan had a good read at it, and yesterday we got near enough everything we needed (missing some of the more unusual items) and today my OH and I are now on the diet.

So far Loved my breakfast of sausage and greens and for lunch we have taco salad (there are no tacos in it!) I do feel like I have a slight headache coming on. I am making sure I am drinking enough as well.

So yeah if any one has some hints tips or just wants to say hi!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is one provided by Paleo Plan, its a full document with shopping lists and menus. Its great. My link was removed oops!

I would be muchos interested in this 6 week plan! I am starting paleo today too :)

Hope all going well with the Plan Vikx. Common sense just tells me this has got to be better for my body than Dukan with veg and fruit deprivation.

I feel great, Ok apart from a slight head ache, and im really enjoying eating the food on the menus. Its so yummy and to eat it and not feel guilty about it is the best feeling ever. Oh and the house smelling like coconuts is also an added bonus!

How are you getting on? I have had horrific headaches the past 2 days :(

Feeling really good, head aches appeared to of stopped. Also noticed im 5lb down too which is a nice surprise. How about you?

I haven't weighed yet trying to wait 30 days, woken up feeling full of beans though!

Hi all
After doing some research and reading this part of the forum I have decided to start Paleo tomorrow so will be reading through all your posts and diaries to get ideas and make sure I am doing it right as well as looking for some inspiration for meals.

I am interested in Paleo so I enjoyed reading this. Continued good luck! Would love to hear more updates.

hey, it's a bit quiet here atm! ;)

if you're interested here is a post with loads of links and blogs which are really interesting!

I looked at nerdfitness.com (seeing as you do a lot of strength training like me :) ) & I think Paleo/Primal really fits in with that!

Yeah, thanks, I actually came across that site earlier today when googling. It looks good! I have made a half-a$$ed attempt at paleo with some meals over the last two days - just sussing out the challenges really.
1) I was surprised how much I missed milk!
2) I am always starving in the morning and really want tea and toast/cereal/something beige!
3) as with all diet plans, worried about me wine!

Anyway, thanks very much for replying. I was pleasantly surprised to see minimins had now got a paleo page. I used to be on here lots with Slimming World and then the kettlebells thread, "Secret to Shaping Up". Have always found minimins very supportive. I have just lost my way a bit with dieting. Feel like SW/WW only gets me so far (like I can lose almost a stone but then stall, not radically change), plus I can't be bothered weighing and measuring.....the effort makes me end up eating the same quantities of the same foods every day = no variety.
I did calorie counting (not restrictive, but paying attention to macronutrients, trying to get lots of protein and healthy fats in)....found that interesting but again, a bit too much hassle with measuring and weighing.

Have had a brief, brief stint on Atkins and Dukan in the past, feel very strongly that I could lose weight on these plans, no problem. Likewise with SW Red days. But I didn't manage to stick with them, found them expensive and actually, don't really love meat THAT much! = Starvation!

Now that I've typed all that out it looks like I'm making lots of excuses. Yeah, maybe self-discipline re food is an issue, but for a previous non exerciser, I'm proud to say I quit smoking and took up exercise (running then kettlebells then "heavy" lifting) a couple of years ago and it really has become a way of life. Just feel like finding a good way of eating could be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Best of luck,

Thank you, gettingfit. I really enjoyed that site and it certainly makes it all seems do-able, with lots of food ideas and useful info about exercise too. I am going to give it all a go, I look forward to observing positive changes in my general health, hopefully, and weight also. Have I read your stats right? You have lost almost a stone in the last four months with Paleo/Primal? That's amazing! Especially as it takes you to target. Well done and thanks again

Back