New to simply filling- any help appreciated

Keldelacoe said:
totally agree, Im finding now some vegans slate other vegans for eating soy! im not convinced by the whole soy debate at all, think some want to argue for argument sake.

I think Laura hit it on the head with the whole egg industry, Im never going to shove my views down anybody throat or tell others what to eat but I think it wrong many are often mislead in the name of mass marketing and fatcat greed ...and paying more thinking they are doing good.

Dan bought eggs from aldi the other day and I noticed they were labeled caged, didnt even relise they could be caged. I know many free range are kept in cramped cponditions with a 5 min run about allowing them to be labeled 'free range' but I didnt think they actually labelled them caged. mmmmm x

Some eggs in Tesco r labeled free range but caged then others r just free range

Wow never seen caged free range seems such a contradiction in terms eh?

Remembered about tabata training and gave it a go today. The ultimate in "I have no time to exercise" exercise lol! Can do it during ad breaks only takes 4 minutes! X

Havn't really been doing the shred Kel I have a couple jillian michaels DVDs and davina DVDs that I do sometimes but I just like to mix it up!

Been doing Zumba on the Xbox too and some workouts on an app called skimble on iPhone. Oh and got out dance central on the Xbox kinect yesterday totally gets a sweat built up actually!

Tabata is awesome basically it's high intensity training and you do 20 seconds of exercise then 10 seconds rest and repeat 8times. It's meant to be super effective and all kinds of magic :p

I did squats then burpees. So only 8 minutes total and it was killer lol! You have to really give it your all for the 20secs and you count your reps and try to beat your previous score.

There's free tabata timer apps if you have iPhone and no doubt android too. X

Ahhhhh sounds intresting, so you can just do it with the app? or is it a dvd too? I do hate burpees though. I was doing the spartan race with Dan next month...til I googled it then quietly changed my mind lol x

Keldelacoe said:
Ahhhhh sounds intresting, so you can just do it with the app? or is it a dvd too? I do hate burpees though. I was doing the spartan race with Dan next month...til I googled it then quietly changed my mind lol x

For tabata you just pick an exercise to do or 4 different ones. So like all Burpees or squats or dumbell something. Or you can pick 4 different ones and then each round do exercise number 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then back to start for next 4 rounds.

The timers just tell you when to start and rest for each round by beeping at you. Google will explain it loads better than my ramblings but yeh it's fab only need 4 minutes and a timer! X

Keldelacoe said:
free range caged? what on the same box??? lol

Yeah I seen them a couple months back, I picked them ip as said free range then noticed it said they were also caged part of the time as well

sarah88 said:
Yeah I seen them a couple months back, I picked them ip as said free range then noticed it said they were also caged part of the time as well

Crikey how bizarre :/

icklerockchick said:
For tabata you just pick an exercise to do or 4 different ones. So like all Burpees or squats or dumbell something. Or you can pick 4 different ones and then each round do exercise number 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then back to start for next 4 rounds.

The timers just tell you when to start and rest for each round by beeping at you. Google will explain it loads better than my ramblings but yeh it's fab only need 4 minutes and a timer! X

Sounds pretty good,got a 8 minute Tae bo workout that's pretty good! I should get back into it!

The short workout sounds good. I did get a couple of the "10 minute solution" dvds when they were selling them off cheap in January but I find they just didn't feel "intense" enough to feel like I had done anything worthwhile, even if I did a couple together.

I think when it comes to vegetarianism or veganism or eating meat or fish its got to come down to be comfortable with your own decisions. I have often thought about being vegetarian or even vegan as I do struggle with the cruelty issue when it comes to eating animal products. I would probably find that easier if I lived on my own, as I know OH wouldn't want to give up meat and I couldn't be doing with cooking two meals all the time so the compromise that I am happy with at the moment is that I try to make us a few vegi main meals and most of my lunches.

Atomic pink said:
The short workout sounds good. I did get a couple of the "10 minute solution" dvds when they were selling them off cheap in January but I find they just didn't feel "intense" enough to feel like I had done anything worthwhile, even if I did a couple together.

I think when it comes to vegetarianism or veganism or eating meat or fish its got to come down to be comfortable with your own decisions. I have often thought about being vegetarian or even vegan as I do struggle with the cruelty issue when it comes to eating animal products. I would probably find that easier if I lived on my own, as I know OH wouldn't want to give up meat and I couldn't be doing with cooking two meals all the time so the compromise that I am happy with at the moment is that I try to make us a few vegi main meals and most of my lunches.

It is a pain in the bum ;) hub is in sw but not vegan and neither are my kids but I agree if I lived on my own it would be easier .. I'd be happy with a load of dried lentils and my veg box delivered each week ;)

Yeah I would be quite happy with veg and beans or lentils for most meals if left just up to me. Maybe at some point in the future I will feel differently and be able to give it a proper go but at the moment I don't feel like I have the time or headspace to do it yet. Eating to lose weight and try to control my wonky thyroid is bad enough sometimes.

Tuesday

B- 2 toast
2 poached eggs
Ww spread
Tea with kara milk

L- leftover bean/brown rice/sweetcorn
With added hot sauce :)

D- roasted mixed peppers and cherry toms
Wholemeal pitta

Snacks- ww apple pie bar 2pp
Biscuit 2pp
Some more leftover rice
Porridge
Yoghurt
Sugar free jelly (without gelatine yay!)

Drinks- water
Cherry Pepsi max

Exercise- tabata squats
Tabata Burpees
Jillian michaels no more problem zones DVD

Weeklies used- 4pp

Last edited:
Yeh it can be a pain being the only veggie, I changed quite a few months before my OH did but since we were mostly eating veggie meals together he ended up giving up meat too as he realised he didn't really need it!

Since I hardly ate meat anyway it wasn't really a massive life change. X

I will admit I'm not really a big meat eater! If I leave something at a mealtime it's the meat!

Tabata sounds really good! So you work out 40 seconds a min! I like that idea actually! You could even do similar but like 40 seconds and then stop for 20!

All this egg talk is crazy! Is there a product similar to eggs but vegetarian? Like if you wanted to make a cake or omelette? Or doesn't that exist?

My friend at work gave up meat for charity, her and her husband couldn't afford to donate money to their sons charity. So they gave up meat for 2 weeks and gave the son the money they saved! Then never ate it again! 30 years later they still don't eat it!

I could give up meat. But not fish. I LOVE fish!

Do you eat fish Laura? Never noticed it!

I think there's something about the 20second to 10 second rest ratio that is why tabata is so effective! It sounds much easier than it is - its actually pretty tiring as you push as hard as you can for the 20 seconds and then the rest is really short.

I have never ever liked seafood anyway so that was not an issue.

Yeh initially I gave up meat for a week just to try it and found it really easy so just stuck with it.

There are vegan egg replacers you can buy or use tofu. Depending on what you are using it in there's loads of alternatives - courgette, mashed banana, beet root etc all make great binders in cake. And surprisingly don't taste anywhere near as weird as they sound - there's a lot of vegans at my roller derby so lots of vegan cakes on game days :) x

icklerockchick said:
I think there's something about the 20second to 10 second rest ratio that is why tabata is so effective! It sounds much easier than it is - its actually pretty tiring as you push as hard as you can for the 20 seconds and then the rest is really short.

I have never ever liked seafood anyway so that was not an issue.

Yeh initially I gave up meat for a week just to try it and found it really easy so just stuck with it.

There are vegan egg replacers you can buy or use tofu. Depending on what you are using it in there's loads of alternatives - courgette, mashed banana, beet root etc all make great binders in cake. And surprisingly don't taste anywhere near as weird as they sound - there's a lot of vegans at my roller derby so lots of vegan cakes on game days :) x

I made a frittata using tofu and it wasn't bad. This egg replacer you can use as a binder or to make anything you make with eggs... The yolk, or whites or Both it's quite clever although as a binder I don't think it's worth it in cakes and stuff there are so many things you can use instead of egg. I never thought I could give up
Fish ... Surprising what you really don't miss! Makes you much more creative with your cooking too! Was hoping I may convert dan but it will never happen... He loves my meals... Just with a sausage on the side;) x

Back