New to simply filling- any help appreciated

Glad you are feeling better today,it's horrible when a good nights sleep doesn't happen! I hope the time at work passes quickly and you enjoy your day off tomorrow,fingers crossed for your wi on Friday :0)

Thanks ladies it totally dragged in at work coz I felt rubbish but came straight home put jammies on and reliving my youth by watching dawson's creek! :)

Monday

23 weeklies left

Brunch- bagel 5pp
Egg 2pp
Ww spread 0pp
Frozen pineapple 0pp

At work - diet energy drink 0pp

After work snack-
Weetabix 3pp
Skim milk 1pp

D- roll 4pp
Meat free chicken burger 3pp
BBQ sauce 1pp
Cheese 1pp

Snacks- yoghurt 2pp
Wispa icecream bar 3pp

Drinks- water
Squash
Tea with milk 1pp

Dailies used- 26/26pp
Weeklies used-0
Weeklies left- 23pp

Last edited:
Laura your food diary always makes me want real food so badly!! I've tried to look at the WW threads to understand the plans but I just don't get it? Can you explain it to me when you have a min, as I'm thinking I might do ww for my last stone (I hope after slim and save I'll have 1 left to lose!!)

Are you feeling better today? Xx

Dawsons creek lol. I just missed it I was a friends on a Friday night teenager lol.

Rum diet eh, wonder if it would work for vodka? :p

Loving the cheese fest that is dawson's creek and OH was out most of the night so got to watch it (he won't watch my "crap" shows lol) and off tomorrow and planning on another lazy day as I'm working at least the next 5 days probably more.

Charl any questions at all just ask. Basically for normal weight watchers you get a number of daily points based on your height & weight this will be at least 26propoints. Or you can do simply filling days instead where you don't have to count daily points but eat freely from a list of free foods like on sw and it's mostly pretty similar stuff so wholemeal pasta/rice, lean meat, fruit, veg, yoghurt, eggs, skimmed milk etc. it also includes porridge and ww bread products (including wraps, bagels etc very exciting after sw ;-) technically only ww bread products are free but I use any brand of wholemeal ones as free and have still had losses).
You then get 49 weeklies to use as you wish on top of your daily points/ or for snacks on simply filling days.
Once you get into it I find it's a lot simpler than sw as you don't need to worry about healthy extras - on simply filling days you can have as much skimmed milk and bread products as you want though really noone goes crazy with them I used to use toast or crumpets as a snack quite often when I started and it was nice to have that option.
Most sw days could easily be replicated on simply filling as free foods are similar but then it's nice to have the option of propoints days too as then you can grab a ready made pasta or whatever when out and just work out points for it rather than having to guess syns.
Although 49 weeklies sounds a lot less than 105 syns most things are about half the amount of pp as they are syns so it's about the same really.
Bit long winded response but basically if you decide to give it a try and need any help just let me know!
Oh and you also earn activity points for exercise which you can choose to eat if you wish. If you enjoy calorie counting you will probably quite like ww as its similar really just simplified and most fruit/veg has 0points even though it still has calories. You have to eat all your daily points each day so it ensures you are eating enough each day too which is handy.
I mostly did simply filling exclusively but am doing quite a few propoints days this week as ill and craving icecream over real meals!!

Yes cake rum can easily be replaced with vodka in my magical booze and icecream diet ;-) x

Ohhh ok, so I guess I'd have to join properly to get all the pro points info and my allowances and stuff? When you do pro points do you get the weeklies still as well? I might try WW for a few weeks after hols as it seems a bit more like a 'normal' diet xx

charl_young said:
Ohhh ok, so I guess I'd have to join properly to get all the pro points info and my allowances and stuff? When you do pro points do you get the weeklies still as well? I might try WW for a few weeks after hols as it seems a bit more like a 'normal' diet xx

If u ask on the main ww thread there r ppl there that will tell u ur points allowances! U always get ur weeklies no matter what ww u do!

charl_young said:

If you give me your weight height age I can tell you how many pro points a day you can have :) will use my calculator

Oh thank u!! Well currently I'm doing a vlcd so hopefully when I start I'll be a little less but I'm 5'9, 28, and weigh 13st9 at the minute, thanks :) x

charl_young said:
Oh thank u!! Well currently I'm doing a vlcd so hopefully when I start I'll be a little less but I'm 5'9, 28, and weigh 13st9 at the minute, thanks :) x

Hi your allowed 33 pro points a day and you get 49weeklies

You can't save day points so you either use them or lose them, and you don't have to use your weeklies some people do some don't. They are good to save for a weekend so you can have a take away or wine etc.

I find weight watchers good for portion control how ever it's very easy to still eat crap food so if you try to go for better options unlike myself lol will use points on choc and mc ds but it does work. Obviously if you have 0 point soup salad fruit etc you have points for meat, bread etc

Yup as they say someone can work it out for you and yup the weeklies are the same no matter what plan you are doing or if you swap between propoints and simply filling days.

I did join ww online but since I mostly did simply filling really didn't need it as you base your meals around the free foods then just use weeklies for any extras (sauce, spread etc) or snacks. I do eat a lot more snacky things on propoints days and less on simply filling so think I'll go back to simply filling once I've over this cold as just really not got much of an appetite at the moment. X

Ah thank you very much :) i might give it a go for a few weeks once I'm back from holiday. I think I'd start with simply filling then maybe try some propoints days xx

charl_young said:
Ah thank you very much :) i might give it a go for a few weeks once I'm back from holiday. I think I'd start with simply filling then maybe try some propoints days xx

If you have a smart phone you can download a free app that you input data and tells you pro points you input protein, carbs total fat and fibre.

Oh thanks again! Are there some foods that are free even on pro points days too? Or is everything you eat on those days pointed? X

charl_young said:
Oh thanks again! Are there some foods that are free even on pro points days too? Or is everything you eat on those days pointed? X

Just fruit and most veg everything else has points generally but some things are 0pp if you only have a certain amount eg/ a teaspoon of ww spread, tiny bit of salsa etc x

Back