New to Slim-Fast and a lot to lose!

PandaPudge

Hello all! I just started the Slim-Fast program on Tuesday and so far, Im enjoying it :) Bought the royal chocolate shake and the milk chocolate shake, and the chocolate brownie meal bars. Tonight, I also bought the peanut butter caramel chocolate meal bars, which I have yet to try.

My menu so far has been a shake for breakfast, a snack, a meal bar for lunch, a snack, a regular meal and another snack. I think that starting tomorrow, I am going to add 1/2 a banana to the shake and to the meal bar, just to make it a little more filling. I am currently 19st3lb so I have a LOT to lose and therefore, are sticking to around 1400-1600 calories per day rather than 1200.

Im excited to have found this site, especially because a lot of other sites bash Slim-Fast and its nice to have a community of people who I can talk to regarding this :)

Last edited:
This morning, so far so good :) Had my shake around 10 and I am starting to feel a bit peckish now, so I might grab a piece of fruit or some string cheese. I have a meal bar planned for lunch, then a string cheese, tangerine and sweet bell pepper for snack. I think dinner will be a tin of soup and im not sure what else, maybe a slice of cheesy garlic toast. I am luckily not experiencing the stomach cramps and constant bathroom trips today as I was yesterday and since Tuesday, I am down 3 pounds :)

Hi , i also have started slimfast tuesday, i feel like its working so far but the cravings are still there big time. Its a battle now to get into a new way of life for me and that means c hanginging everything about the old one. I have wrote a blog on my page of my first two days and i will be weighing myslf every tuesday so ill let ya know how its going. At the moment i feel great and am getting into this new routine. :)

Thanks! I've found it surprisingly easy. I was usually too busy to grab a proper breakfast or lunch anyway and with the shakes and bars, its a (good tasting!) way to get my vitamins and satisfy my appetite.

How are you getting on so far?

I'm getting on great , surprisingly the shakes taste good. They are quite filling too.

Good luck with the week ahead.

How much on average are people losing a week? I'm hopin for atleast 2lbs a week! X

How much on average are people losing a week? I'm hopin for atleast 2lbs a week! X

After my first week, Im down roughly 8 pounds. I say "roughly" because I might have marked my starting weight as a bit higher than I actually was. Either way, Im happy so far with it.

I have been sticking to around 1600 calories per day, since the recommended 1200 is way too low for someone weighing 19st. Also, I want this weight to stay off and eventually I will stop eating the Slimfast products, the meal bars especially. I actually really enjoy the shakes and its a fast and easy breakfast, especially paired with 1/2 a banana. Ive always been a big salad eater so when I run out of my meal bars (I bought them on sale and have 3 boxes left) I might go back to eating salads for lunch and maybe having a meal bar on hand for when I dont have time to make my lunch. I think I might keep buying the shakes for breakfasts though :)

Im shooting for 2lb/week, although Id prefer 3lbs and it might come off faster, especially at first, because Im so heavy. Hope everyone has a great week!

I started on sf and it was a good boost a d I lost a stone in 2 weeks but found it wasn't a long term thing but it did help me get used to hunger so when I came off it, my meal sizes were smaller and hunger didn't scare me anymore.

Good luck with it :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back