New to Slimming World

Hi everyone

I have decided I have to lose about 3.5 stone and want to do it the Slimming World way, but going it alone as can't afford the group fees.

Are there any samples on here? To get me going I need someone to tell me what I am meant to eat each day. I don't actually eat a lot at the moment but what I do eat is all the wrong stuff! I have been having a look and it seems like I will be eating loads more so not sure how I will lose weight.

Can anyone give me some sample

Breakfasts

Lunches

Dinners

And what is allowed for snacks in between if wanted?

If this has already been done somewhere, please link me to the threads. Thank you sooo much :)

Last edited:
Have a look in the food diary sub sections of the forum.

Welcome xxx

I would suggest going along to a group and joining up. Theres usually a special offer on fees floating around. Then you can have the new member talk (which will explain everything) and get the books. Then you dont need to go again if you dont want to

i would say join just to the the basic understanding of it and get the books. thats what i done and after 4 weeks i refered to here and other webpages for support and ideas

You can get a 7 day sample menu on the SW website without being a member, that will give you an idea of the plan

Hi everyone

I have decided I have to lose about 3.5 stone and want to do it the Slimming World way, but going it alone as can't afford the group fees.

Are there any samples on here? To get me going I need someone to tell me what I am meant to eat each day. I don't actually eat a lot at the moment but what I do eat is all the wrong stuff! I have been having a look and it seems like I will be eating loads more so not sure how I will lose weight.

Can anyone give me some sample

Breakfasts

Lunches

Dinners

And what is allowed for snacks in between if wanted?

If this has already been done somewhere, please link me to the threads. Thank you sooo much :)

Try some of these recipes, there's something for everyone. Click on the first link which is Pete's thread and the second link is the index to all the recipes that Pete has done. ;)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wor...ml#post7613369

Thank you for the links Scorpiolady. :) I shall take a look at those.

Lyricallie - I really am a boring eater, I don't enjoy food and have a very basic diet. I can't do spicy foods, and tend to stick to old faves that my mum used to cook. Because I am so uninspired by food I tend to skip things like lunch but then end up eating biscuits and cakes which has lead to my weight gain over the past few years. I also very rarely eat breakfast and grab a croissant or something on the way to work. All very bad habits which have to change.

Thank you for the links Scorpiolady. :) I shall take a look at those.

Lyricallie - I really am a boring eater, I don't enjoy food and have a very basic diet. I can't do spicy foods, and tend to stick to old faves that my mum used to cook. Because I am so uninspired by food I tend to skip things like lunch but then end up eating biscuits and cakes which has lead to my weight gain over the past few years. I also very rarely eat breakfast and grab a croissant or something on the way to work. All very bad habits which have to change.
I'm the same with breakfast I used to very rarely eat it. Now I'm trying to have a hifi bar and a yoghurt. For lunch at work I quite often make pasta bakes and take that in tupperwear boxes. That's not spicey at all and really tasty. I just make sure there are plenty of veggies in it.

Welcome, CapricornGirl! :welcome2: So glad you found Minis! It is surprising just how much you can eat on SW, which is what makes it really sustainable. Personally, I try to make one new recipe a week, then there's no chance of getting bored. Once you get your head round it all, you'll be fine. There's hardly any weighing out, which also makes it so easy. If you're ever stuck with anything though, just ask and someone will come to your rescue! :)

Kathy x

Back