New to SW and have a few questions please

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Hello Everyone

I have just started SW, I have previously done WW for 9 months and lost 3stone but Ive got fed up of counting and decided to try a new diet for the extra weight I want to shift.

My friend has given me her SW books and Ive decided to give SW a go for a week at home and if I find the plan clicks with me I will go to the classes.

I have an understanding of the Original/Green day plans but what I wanted to know is

1) What is Extra Easy and why does it have different Syns to Red/Green day?

2) Is there a way to calculate syns which isnt in the handbook without having to pay for the online calculator?

3) What is the syns value for KFC Fillet Burger and Fries? - This is my favourite takeaway and I would to know how bad it is lol

4) Do you have to eat all your syns? On WW they say you should eat all your points to ensure optimal weight loss. Is this the same for SW syns or are they a 'brucey bonus'?

I have followed SW today and it has been really good to not count and I do feel relaxed with food, so SW definatley gets the thumbs up lol

Thank you for your answers x

Welcome to your new way of eating. No more worrying that you can't have an apple becasue you have run out of points lol
Have a look at the section above for newbies including extra easy. I don't know for certain but I should imagine a KFC would be higher than your daily syn allowance but I'm sure someone will check for you soon

Hi and welcome to SW, I stick to mainly red days with an occasional, green day thrown in and it suits me perfectly :D

I have read on here that 20 calories is equivalent to 1 syn, but best to use this guidline only in an emergency :D

on red and green days (can't comment on EE) syn alowance is between 5 an 15, I have 10 and it is fine for me. You can opt to save some syns if you have a night out or something special coming up and use them for that

Kentucky Fried Chicken Colonel's Choice Fillet Burger each[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
20½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 20½ Syns
green.gif
Green 20½ Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT]Kentucky Fried Chicken Side Orders, Fries 1 regular[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
10 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 14½ Syns
green.gif
Green 10 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

As for checking syns - you can always post on this forum and someone will be happy to help you :)

Just pipped me to the post with the syn values there! :)

Hehe I just so happened to be in Syns Online when I spotted the post. :)

Hello Everyone

I have just started SW, I have previously done WW for 9 months and lost 3stone but Ive got fed up of counting and decided to try a new diet for the extra weight I want to shift.

My friend has given me her SW books and Ive decided to give SW a go for a week at home and if I find the plan clicks with me I will go to the classes.

I have an understanding of the Original/Green day plans but what I wanted to know is

1) What is Extra Easy and why does it have different Syns to Red/Green day? Not sure what you mean as you can have 5 to 15 syns on all the plans

2) Is there a way to calculate syns which isnt in the handbook without having to pay for the online calculator? The 20 calories to 1 syn guide only works for products that don't have any free food allowance eg sweets and treats and should only be used to give a ballpark figure in an emergency

3) What is the syns value for KFC Fillet Burger and Fries? - This is my favourite takeaway and I would to know how bad it is lol - wow - a lot!

4) Do you have to eat all your syns? On WW they say you should eat all your points to ensure optimal weight loss. Is this the same for SW syns or are they a 'brucey bonus'? With WW that will be because your points make up the majority of your food. With SW this is not the case and syns for for extras. We say for optimal weight loss you should eat lots of superfree and free foods. You should have a minimum of 5 a day but start out with 15 and see how your losses go. If you are losing at an acceptable rate then why not?!

I have followed SW today and it has been really good to not count and I do feel relaxed with food, so SW definatley gets the thumbs up lol

Thank you for your answers x

Oh and welcome to SW!

Back