New to SW and haven't had a ciggie for 12 days!!!

ianrush9

hi everyone. I have tried SW before in feb this year, only did it for 3 weeks and lost 9lb!! Same old story, stopped going the class to save money and couldnt keep it up. Now I am starting back tomorrow - I have also stopped smoking since New Years Day so have ate my only bodyweight in bad food lol!!!

I am dreading getting weighed. I can't get any of my clothes on - even my trusty combats which I save for really fat days I coudnt fasten the other day!! I just ran upstairs and cried. Ive got nothing to put on for work, to go out or to sit round the house.

ANyone got any tips for me to help me stick to it? What do you have on your weekly shopping list?

Cheers

Sharon x:cry:

Oh I know exactly what you mean - I have a couple of dresses which I'm wearing everywhere and hide a multitude of sins. Loads of stuff doesn't fit and I wear the same stuff to work everyday.

But a massive well done on the smoking. So if you do have some bad food days I think you have to bear in mind how much you already achieved. I put on two stone both times I gave up.

Good luck tho you've obviously got the willpower. :)

Hi Sharon, I have exactly the same problem. Nothing fits and I refuse to buy any new clothes when I've got a wardrobe full of nice ones that are 5 sizes too small for me. Yesterday I sewed 2 patches on my jeans to cover the holes made by my fat thighs rubbing together!
I rejoined sw last wk and so far I'm loving it.
A few things on my shopping list would be...
Mug shots
Alpen light bars
Big spuds for jackets or chips
Frylight
Muller yogurts
Snack a jacks
Salad/fruit
Baked beans/spaghetti
All bran
1/2 fat butter/cheese/salad cream etc
Eggs
S/s milk
W/meal loaf (small)
Skinless chicken/lean Bacon
Low fat super noodles (?Batchelors?)

Hope this helps xx Good luck xx

Welcome!

I also wanted to congratulate you on quitting smoking! I know it's the best thing I ever did - though I did gain like almost 30lbs in the year after, so you're definitely doing good for watching your weight at the same time. :)

Thanks guys. I have now gone 20 days without a ciggie and I lost 2lb in my first week!!! I am so pleased, I havent felt hungry at all.

Back