New to SW and new to this site.

spuds

Hi everyone
I've decided to try SW again, i did it a good few years ago and from what i can remember it worked. I've been doing WeightWatchers on and off for the past year but find i am always hungry.
I'm not going to go to the clubs as they are so expensive to join so i'm going to try and go it alone!!
Be grateful for any tips about the diet or this website from members and would love to hear from new beginners like me.
:)

hey spuds :) there's a new day called extra easy, where you can eat anything you would on red or green :) there's a sticky somewhere at the top of the sw section which can explain it much better... hope this helps! welcome to minimins, hope you enjoy your stay! xxx

Even if you don't want to go to class I would recommend going along for one night so you can get the books and the consultant introduction. These will really be invaluable and set you off of the right foot. On the SW website it says there is a half price deal on membership so it really won't cost very much and is well worth it. You'll also be given the password for the site which will be active for about 2 weeks and will give you time to look up the syn values for all the foods you like.

Good luck!

Hi 10st10lbs and Circes
Thanks for the reply.
This site is completely confusing me, took me 10 mins to find this thread i started!
I have all the books and the food directory, sort of know what i'm doing although i am a bit confused as to what "Grab and go" is, are they in stead of the healthy extra or as well as.
I'm looking to lose about 2 stone, fingers crossed!

Hi Spuds, good luck, welcome to the site.

Q

Hey Spuds :) welcome to Minimins :)

I do Extra Easy all of the time if you want any tips just message me :)

xxx

Hi Angel
Thank you. :)
How have you found the extra easy? I'm not convinced by it to be honest, i can't believe you can eat all that free food from both green and original and still lose weight.

:) I love Extra Easy, I know what you mean though - doesn't feel like ya should be losing weight by eating like this but I did :) I've lost 4st 2lb, I'm trying to maintain my target which isn't easy lol

xxxxxx

4st 2lb, WOW thats great, well done Angelbecki. How long did that take? i'm going on holiday in 5 weeks, is 2 stone do-able in that time? lol. If only it was that easy.
Am i right in saying from your profile you actually need to put on weight?

Can anyone tell me how i get my profile looking more interesting?
You all have pretty pictures and weightloss tickers!!!!!!!
I can't even get an avatar for some reason. lol.

4st 2lb, WOW thats great, well done Angelbecki. How long did that take? i'm going on holiday in 5 weeks, is 2 stone do-able in that time? lol. If only it was that easy.
Am i right in saying from your profile you actually need to put on weight?

:) it took 9 months to lose the initial 4 stone.. It does say I need to gain 2lb but I won't be lol, I am allowed to be 3lb under target or 3 pound over ;) I like the weight I'm at atm :)

erm well my mate lost 15.5lb in 5 weeks :) I think 2st is asking too much tbh - it's possible but you'd have to be really strict :sigh: x

I can be strict, need to keep eating though as i have a tendency to reduce what i eat thinking it will make me lose quicker but of course that has the opposite effect.

You're right, you have to eat loads lol as long as you are eating all the free food you'll be fab!

You can do Red or Green days on their own btw, just cuz EE is around you don't need to do it ;) I love green days I have them more now than I did when I was losing, as I say EE was the plan that was predominate throughout my journey :)

Just looking at the "extra easy" booklet, it looks extra easy!!! lol.
I might get it a try actually. Can you swap between the different types, e.g 1 day do green, next ee, next red or do you have to always do ee? :confused:
Sorry for all the questions.

you can swap as much as you want :) but you have to do a full day of one! like a few days, i've woken up feeling unsure about what i'll want to eat during the day, so i stick to free foods & healthy extras until lunch, when if i don't have meat, i'll decide my day is green, otherwise i'll go for extra easy!

oh and re: avatars and tickers, you may have to wait until you've had 50 posts... i know that's the case for avatars and for viewing your own profile, but tickers, you can add them in your signature, which you can edit by going to quick links -> edit your signature... quick links is on the top of the page, the top blue bar, towards the right... not sure if you need to have 50 posts minimum to edit your signature, feels like i joined moons ago!

hope this helps hun, always here to answer questions! :) and ask some pretty silly ones too... :eek: xxx

Can anyone tell me how i get my profile looking more interesting?
You all have pretty pictures and weightloss tickers!!!!!!!
I can't even get an avatar for some reason. lol.

You need to have posted some more before you can do that so get chatting! By the time you have 50 posts you will have full member privileges

Thanks guys for all the replies.
I wondered why i couldn't access my own profile! :confused:
Like the idea 10st10lbs of only using free food and healthy extras until you decide what day you want to have, i don't know what my tastebuds will fancy for dinner at 7 o'clock in the morning. lol.
Bring on the weigh in next week.
Btw, do any of you have your own scales or do you wait for meetings or get weighed else where?
I think if i had them i'd get obsessed and weigh myself all the time. I'll prob nip into Boots.

Back