New to SW and new to this site.

Hehe, no probs :) just remember though, that on red & green days, you're meant to have 2 HExAs and 2 HExBs, but on extra easy it's only 1 of each... I'll explain that further if you want, don't want to confuse you unless you ask for it!!

I have scales at home but they're really not accurate. Neither is the Wii Fit balance board scale, don't let it fool you with it's squeaky cute voice! Last Wednesday I was 9st7lbs according to Wii, then I was 10st2lbs at WI on Thursday morning, and 9st15lbs on Thursday evening on my aunty's scales!! I'd just stick to weighing once a week, at the same time, wearing near enough the same clothes, and not letting curiosity get the better of you during the rest of the week :)

xxx

Hi 10st10lbs and Circes
Thanks for the reply.
This site is completely confusing me, took me 10 mins to find this thread i started!
I have all the books and the food directory, sort of know what i'm doing although i am a bit confused as to what "Grab and go" is, are they in stead of the healthy extra or as well as.
I'm looking to lose about 2 stone, fingers crossed!

Oh, tip! Along the top, where the blue bars are, if you click quick links and then subscribed threads (near the bottom of the drop down list), you can quickly access any threads you've made/posted on :) xxx

Brilliant, thanks 10st10lbs. I've been bookmarking each page on my firefox toolbar, so i don't lose it again. lol.
I tend to weigh myself when i go to my partners mums, she doesn't have the electronic ones so not sure how accurate they are. I put them on the same tile in her bathroom just to make sure, lol. I'll either go to my local chemist or Boots to get weighed, i'll try to remember to wear the same thing each week and make sure i go to the loo beforehand too, lol, might make a difference!!! :)

No worries :) Yeah, apparently putting them in the same place each time is meant to help, so the tiles might be a good indication! I used to do it on carpet... No chance of getting standardisation there! Chemist or Boots would be a better idea, as if you're paying to get weighed, you might only do it once a week... And I've seen so many people on here turn really negative about their plans if their home scales show a gain when they wanted to lose - it's really sad when someone goes off and binges for a whole three days :(

*Info coming up that could be classed as 'gross'...*

I try to eat loads of fruit and veg on a Wednesday (my WI is Thurs) which helps me go number twos... :eek: And then as I get weighed at 10am, I don't eat beforehand. May drink the odd half glass of water, but I try to even keep that to a minimum. Another important thing - if you have pockets, make sure they're empty! Even having your mobile phone in your pocket and a few chunky bangles on can add to your weight on the scales, and you're left wondering why you've only lost 1/2 a lb!

xxx

:giggle:lol, like your thinking 10st10lbs!!
I'd stand there naked if i could........ok maybe not, not that confident yet. Just hoping to get to the stage where i don't need a tummy control cozzy for my hols in 5 weeks, lol.
When i had my weight watchers weigh in i used to always make sure i had done a number 2, shoes were off....in the line, coat, even my watch.......lol, and still i'd hear..." tut, you've put on this week."

Hello, and welcome abroad! Everyone here is really lovely. If you ever have a question, confused about something, or having a crisis - give us a shout!!!! :)

Thanks Caramelle, thats comforting to here. Are you relatively new too? Can't wait for my 1st weigh in. Always used to dred them on Weight watchers.

Back