New to SW and really need some help and ideas for lunch :)

babz1986

Hi Everyone!!

Sooo, I'm new to slimming world, doing EE and completely understand all the rules of it.

The only thing is .. I'm really struggling as to what I can have for lunch when I'm at work.

Basically I only work 3 days (so other days I'm fine with lunch), but for those 3 days I'm constantly driving.. and always have lunch in my car! I'm finding it really hard to find something thats syn free and which will last in a roasting hot car, without turning horrible and without the need to reheat up, etc

Before Slimming World, I normally used to take a sandwich.. but with me having cereal in the morning as one of my HE, obviously this is out of the question.. and I really don't have time to make anything for breakfast, especially with getting my Little girl up, dressed, breakfasted and shipped off to grandmas lol

anybody have any ideas at all?? as this is the only meal of the day that I'm really struggling on

Thank you :)

A good one is to add a packet of savoury rice to a normal flask in the morning, top up with boiling water, give it a shake every hour or so then by lunch you have perfectly cooked savoury rice, have some fruit or salad with it for your 1/3 :)

I'd invest in a cool pack for the summer if I were you. Then the possibilities are endless! SW quiche, couscous salad, quinoa, hummus and veg sticks, loads!

Grizzly_man said:
A good one is to add a packet of savoury rice to a normal flask in the morning, top up with boiling water, give it a shake every hour or so then by lunch you have perfectly cooked savoury rice, have some fruit or salad with it for your 1/3 :)

Ooohhhh what a good idea!

Quiche is a good one you can make it the night before and make sure you pack it with loads of veg then you are getting your 1/3 superfree, could try chicken, mushroom, peppers, onion etc and I prefer this the next day anyway so just wrap it in cling film/ pop in a lunch box the night before and grab it in the morning and have with some fruit... Just one idea, then perhaps alternate breakfasts like the OP suggests and have fruit and yoghurt and take a sandwich...

Back