New to sw but not losing

hels

Hello everyone. I'm new to slimming world, I joined on wednesday. Ive got 5 stone to lose and have been good on the diet with no cheats etc. I stepped on the scales this morning to have a sneaky peek and I haven't lost anything, i'm dissapointed as i've got my weigh in on wednesday and i thought i'd lose about 5lbs like I did on weight watchers the first week. I'm gutted! has anyone else experienced this? I know I shouldnt step on the scales but i'm impatient lol! I'm on the extra easy plan.

Hiya welcome to the board.

I have found my loss doesn't show until the day of my weigh in. For example my WI is on Fridays, when I weighed on the Thursday I was showing a STS but the next day on my WI I had lost 2lbs.

Keep going and I am sure you will be rewarded with a loss

Good luck

thank you cheekypasterfield. that used to happen to me when I did weight watchers last year but had such a good loss the first week and was wondering if i'm doing anything wrong lol! I will stick with it because it seems like a great plan. Thanks again, have a good day!

Hiya for us to gauge if you're doing it wrong is if you post up a typical food diary.

Also I have found that with SW you may not get big losses. I'm an ex WW and have found that with SW its more the approach slow and steady wins the race. I loved WW but it was hard work.

I have read others have big losses so everyone is different.

Good luck with your weightloss journey x

Thank you. Heres a food list of what I had yesterday.
Breakfast 2 quorn sausages
beans
2 slices ww bread (heb)
plum tomatos
Lunch
activa yoghurt apple and banana
mugshot (didnt have time for a lot as I had a busy day)

Dinner hunters chicken (chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a
mini light babybell melted (HEa) and covered in sw bbq sauce)
mushy peas and sw chips

does this look ok?

Hi funky monkey, sorry I meant to add that I had 3 cans of the 1 syn lager (very nice it was too)lol! so total of 3 syns yesterday. I haven't been using a lot of syns, could this halt weight loss?

hels said:
Thank you. Heres a food list of what I had yesterday.
Breakfast 2 quorn sausages
beans
2 slices ww bread (heb)
plum tomatos

Lunch
activa yoghurt apple and banana
mugshot (didnt have time for a lot as I had a busy day)

Dinner hunters chicken (chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a
mini light babybell melted (HEa) and covered in sw bbq sauce)
mushy peas and sw chips

does this look ok?

Hiya the big thing that springs out is that you don't seem to have your 1/3 superfree food. Dinner has no Superfree foods which you need try and have to ensure your portion size is right.

I'm not great at having SF foods with my meals, so I have plenty of fruit in between my meals and have smaller meals.

I would also have more syns.

oh ok thanks for that. do you think having salad instead of mush peas would of been better? i'm confused as to portion size as i thought you could have as much as you wanted (I didnt load up my plate though)lol! I'm still trying to get my head round all of this haha!

Hiya I know what you mean, it does take a while to get your head around SW.

You are right with being able to eat as much as you like until you feel full/satisfied. The key to success on the EE is to have a 1/3 of your plate with SF foods or 1/3 of your daily intake of food being SF.

It is only a recommendation, however I know that when I dont follow the 1/3 rule I have STS and when I do I get losses. Like I said I am not the greatest including SF food to my meals so I always snack on fruit

The link explains SW and EE far better than I could lol
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Yeah you can have as much as you want as long as 1/3 of your plate is filled with superfree food - yeah putting a salad with a meal is good, homemade coleslaw is good for SF too, I also tend to put tinned tomatoes with an omelette or cooked breakfast, or a veg dish with curry and rice (such as aloo gobi & add some spinach in the curry) and if I really fancy something like a bacon sandwich and can't put my 1/3 in I have an apple afterwards

In terms of syns I would make sure you stay above 5 (they say 5 to 15) and I'm guessing there is a reason for these amounts - I admit I don't ever have 15 but always a minimum of 6 a day :)

Hope that helps ?!?! X

I didnt lose much on EE so I swapped to red , coming off so much easier . I found it was far to easy to have too a big a portion of meat and or carbs on EE

I didnt lose much on EE so I swapped to red , coming off so much easier . I found it was far to easy to have too a big a portion of meat and or carbs on EE

Thanks for that Lesley, I might consider going on the red plan too, I'm desperate to get this weight off. I'm going on holiday in june and want to be a lot slimmer by then :sigh: :)

Back