New to SW, First meeting Tuesday.. nervous

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by begghead, 9 July 2011 Social URL.

1. begghead

begghead Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    27st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi all, attending my first Slimming World group on Tuesday morning, was just wondering what i should expect? Never been to any of these type of things before. But its now time i make a huge change.
    Im really hoping its quite a mixed group and informal, i really have no idea what so ever what it will be like so any “heads up” or experiences welcome.

Thanks all in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Welcome Begghead.
    Welcome to the world of Slimmers World, you will find that you will be made very welcome and you will not be made to be the only person with a weight problem.You should have an intro for the first hour then you join the rest of the group, each person who has been weighed will be announced as to how much they have lost/gained and the consultant will ask if there is anything they can do to help you loose the weight. Every once in awhile there will be a themed night, our last one was a BBQ night where everyone was invited to bring food, then we all tucked in! You will soon join in and make your own friends within the group. I am a 64year old male in a group of 40+ women!
    Pete

Attached Files:

4. begghead

begghead Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    27st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Pete,

Thank you so much for your reply, not meaning to be sexist but was so pleased to hear from another guy on slimming world, and also so pleased find out that my consultant is a man, i was dreading being the only man in the room.

really looking forward to Tuesday now. and cant wait to get to know people in the group.

thanks again

5. Cherry-Blossom

Cherry-Blossom I CAN do this

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We don't often have a man in our group however we have had a guy from on of our C's earlier groups come a few times recently and he's fit in just fine.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.