New to SW from CD. Any help or advice please.

twisted_angel

Morning all

So I decided to do Slimming world. After reading up I feel it be something I can 100% stick to but also a healthy option for the rest of my family too. I like to change the way I cook foods and learn about healthier options.

I have done Cambridge diet before where I lost 4 1/2 stone in just over 3 months BUT I put it all back on plus more stupidly over time. I struggle to get on plan with CD now and I want to get fit too not just loose weight. And exercising is not advised heavily on the lower plans for CD.

I am going to be doing SW from home as difficult for me to get to a group. Is the £60 fee worth doing for online resources or will I be able to get all the info I need form here?

Any other tips? I was looking to do EE plan I believe it is called.

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all. It is going to be a long one as ideally I have a good 7 stone too loose. X

Hi,

welcome.

sw is a great plan to follow. I've done vlcds and I think the reality for most people is that the weight comes back, and usually pretty quickly.

I go to group and think I need that motivation of being weighed each week and staying to group which always helps me feel focused for the week ahead.

personally I wouldn't pay £60 for online resources, I haven't used sw website once. most questions can be answered on here or by asking google :)

only tips I have - follow the plan, have syns everyday, drink plenty of water and as much speed as you can. if you feel hungry, reach for the speed :)

best of luck x x

I'm the opposite to Jenny - I use the website every day! But I know that a lot of people don't bother with it.

Definitely eat as many speed foods as possible and make sure you eat plenty, as you can on Slimming World!

Good luck! x

I'm an online member too and yes, I do use the website quite a bit. For syns, recipes and motivation it does help.

Back