New to SW... loved it, but gone majorly off track!

cortana

I know so many people are here that will have done the same as me.

I stuck to SW and slowly but surely, the weight started coming off. Went away for the weekend and I went mad. Binged. Haven't been on track since...

I have a lot to lose to be back to a healthy 10st 7lb! How do you guys deal with this? I'm going to try and get to group tomorrow if possible.

I've been there plenty of times! I'm doing SW by myself so I don't have a group to go to, but I'm sure going to the group will help :)

The number-one thing I try to avoid is beating myself up about it, because that's a one-way ticket to endless comfort eating, and a terrible spiral which I know can go on for weeks, because food usually ends up being my main vice when I start losing control.

The sudden binge will have disturbed your blood sugar levels, and that fluctuation often causes you to want to eat more every time it drops, so that makes yet another vicious spiral, and the best way to nip that one in the bud is to have a day or two where you focus heavily on foods with low sugars, and without stuff like aspartame/saccharin (because those also wreak havok on your blood sugar, actually they're even worse than eating pure sugar) - so have a couple of days where you really try to pack in the superfree. Apples in particular are great at stabilising your blood sugar levels, so eat one for breakfast tomorrow, or maybe two.

The other thing I found is that the kinds of food you eat will have some effect on the kinds of foods you're craving. My old SW buddy (who did really well, much better than me) sent me this image about cravings, and it turned out to be a life-saver.
05d6a0c3d201df5a4826523ab88dcfa5.jpg

Honestly I find that the only way I can deal with recovering from a binge or an 'off week' is just to have a couple of detox days, where I make the effort to get outside with fresh air and exercise, eat loads of superfree, cut down on the syns, and then usually after that my head starts to get back into the game :)

Last edited:
Hi Cortana, Welcome to the forum.
I agree totally with what has already been said.. never look back on a binge.. I prefer to call it a BLIP.. because it wont change what has happened and anyway it's good to let your hair down now and again anyway.
You'll find that if you get straight back to the diet afterwards any weight gain will go just as quick as it came.. and believe me I've done it many times!
Hope the group meeting was helpful.. and don't forget to keep posting so we know how you are getting on.
Take care.. :)

I am totally with you on this hun.

I was such a slimming world angel before having my daughter nearly 3 years ago and I'm still 6lb from my prepreg weight because i keep going off track.

I can totally sympathise with how hard it is to get back on the wagon.

We can do it!

Hi ya
I fine it's best to put it behind me look on the post your food pics forum get some food ideas and go food shopping it gets me motivated and makes me want to plan for the week ahead xx

Back