New to SW, new to Food Optimising, and LOVING it! So glad to find MiniMins too

Fionagh

That's it really, just wanted to say "hi" and how amazing everyone is - it really is a journey in so many ways. That sounds like such a cliche, but it's not.

I've only been in SW 5 weeks, but just to recount my first week

I drove to the class, got to the door, looked in, and there were all these women (and a few men) chatting and making tea, and I just panicked, and thought "I can't do this". I actually walked away, back to the car, and got in. I sat there, and nearly burst into tears - the fear of well, fear of what? being thought overweight (I am), not knowing anyone (well, so what), being laughed at for being so overweight ...what was I frightened of - and I realised it was all of those things, but also confronting the reasons WHY I am overweight, and why I allowed myself to become overweight. I was, and still am, a bit scared of what will happen when I lose the weight, some inner demons to be dealt with over time I think!

Anyway, I got back out of the car, went back in, hovered by the door, when one of the women looked up and said "come in, come in". So I did, sat down with the consultant (are we allowed to mentioned our SW consultants name) and she went through the various programmes (Extra Easy, Green, & Original). All seemed straightforward.....so I stayed to class.

I have stayed to class every week since and never in a million years would I have thought that I would. Me? Stay to class? Oh the embarassment of it...yet, no! It's great! OK I do get riled when some people chatter all the way through, that's just rude.

Week one I lost an amazing (to me) 7.5lbs so got my half stone award on my first week! Yay!
Week two back to earth with a bump 0.5lbs
Week three 3lbs
Week four 2.5lbs
Week five 1.5lbs - got my stone award today - yipee!

Aren't these great little incentives? I love them, they may be corny, but I love them!

The ups and downs of the last couple of weeks will follow in another post - but I haven't eaten so much in a long time!

Fionagh x

Hi Fionagh!

Well done on making yourself go into that first class - I had to talk a friend into coming with me so that I'd actually go! You've done fantastically so far :) I've got to say I really agree with your point about some people chatting the whole way through the group - that what stopped me going in the end as when it was there turn to speak to the group they would spend about 15 minutes talking about themselves and then when it was other people's turns to talk they would chatter amongst themselves - rude!!

Which plan are you following? x

Hi Fionagh,

I am new to all of this too!

Tomorrow is my 4th meeting, I felt the same as you but now I don't think I could do it without the handy tips and advice that I pick up at meetings.

Well its my weigh in tomorrow night, fingers crossed for a loss, I've totally stuck to plan.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

xxx

Back