New to SW

johannab

Hi All
I am new to SW and have just been getting some ideas from the food diary section. I have been doing SW for 3 weeks now and am becoming a bit dis heartened with my weight loss. I seem to be eating so much healthier than I did before (i think i may begin to resemble an apple soon!) but am only losing a small amount each week. I tend to cheat and weigh myself a few times during the week and find i weigh heavier than the week before. I am doing SW online and so have decided to look on here for inspiration.Any tips would be appreciated. I am doing EE as I find it good for fitting in with the rest of the family.

first tip weigh only once a week weight fluctuates.
some people have a small gain followed by a big loss so dont worry to much.
post some food diaries up and somebody will offer guidance.
if extra easy isnt working think about red or greeen i certainly have good losses with this

Drink lots of water! Are you doing any exercise? Make sure you've got your 1/3 superfree minimum and make sure superfree are your first choice for snacks. Maybe post a food diary that we can give you advice from? X

Hi
I'm on my second week of slimming world and hoping for a big loss this week! I'm an habitual weigher and I weighed myself this morning, I was 2LB heavier than yesterday, but I haven't cheated or eaten the wrong food! It's just what happens! I measured myself aswell this morning and I have LOST inches, so it doesn't always show on the scales! Did you take your measurements when you started the diet? Maybe take them and check back in a week to see if you have lost anything??!

It's a good idea to post a diary too, people can guide you on where they think you are going wrong. Like "synning" things wrong or maybe your not eating enough!

Good luck hun and keep us updated!!

xx

Measurements is a good idea, although I would suggest only measuring monthly and at the same point in your cycle. I know I get a couple of inches bigger from being bloated the week before my TOTM! Any more regularly than monthly and you might not see a big difference and you might get disheartened by them. Posting a diary will really help people give you advice :) x

Thanks for your advice. I haven't taken any measurments but shall do so I have something to compare to every month. I am slowley widening my food choices as I have been sticking to the things I know but have had some great meals from the SW recipes. Hopefully the next few weeks will start to improve. I start night shifts tonight which I find difficult as I am awake more than normal so tend to want more food. I do take fruit but 9 1/2 hours requires a little bit more. Have found the pasta n sauces good for this.:rolleyes:

If you are only having small losses in the first couple of weeks, i'd reccomend keeping a food diary and posting it on here. I did that when I first started, and I was doing a lot wrong without realising! Some great experts on here haha, take advantage! x

According to your statistics, you started on April 29th, less than three weeks ago, and in that time you have lost six pounds. I am not sure why you are disheartened with this?

Hi Anna I think its because I'm spoiling it by jumping on and off the scales through the week and sometimes I'm heavier than the week before although I manage to pull it off on my WI day. I ate so much rubbish before I guess I just thought the lbs would fall off when I stopped. I think when I get into the 10stone bracket I'll feel better. I've put so much weight on in the last year. I think I was in denial what I really weighed. lol Nice to read the success stories on here tho.:)

serial weighing is dangerous! Your weight fluctuates depending on day/time/when you last went to the loo/what you've just eaten etc - try not to do it!! lock those scales away and only do it once a week. get someone to give you them on weigh day and no sooner! lol xx

I am losing weight slower on SW than I did with WW and to start with was a bit disheartened as I didn't see the big losses that I thought I would get, but I've gotten over that now and am steadily working towards my target.

2lb a week is brilliant, that's the recommended average - think of this as steps to changing your life forever rather than a quick win, if you see what I mean.

Hi Anna I think its because I'm spoiling it by jumping on and off the scales through the week and sometimes I'm heavier than the week before although I manage to pull it off on my WI day. I ate so much rubbish before I guess I just thought the lbs would fall off when I stopped. I think when I get into the 10stone bracket I'll feel better. I've put so much weight on in the last year. I think I was in denial what I really weighed. lol Nice to read the success stories on here tho.:)

you said it yourself do yourself a favour mate once a week

Thanks a lot guys. Feel a bit better about it all now. Hopefully the next few weeks will make a difference. Beautifullilly hope your holiday to Florida is great. I went last may for three weeks, best holiday I ever had. Hoping to go again next year:jelous:

Johanna, I think you are been to hard on yourself. You have lost 6lbs, average 2 lbs a week that is genuinely brilliant. I have done WW and other diets before and yes the weight came off quicker but I put it all back on as soon as I stopped 'dieting'.
The Slimming World EE plan is working for me but my loss is averaging 1lb a week (it took me 12 weeks to loose 7lbs) but what I love with this plan is that I havent had a major binge or pig out since last August. I dont over indulge after weight in as I no longer feel deprived. I am slowly reeducating myself on how to eat and the longer it takes the better for me.
So dont rush yourself and put pressure on yourself, take it each day as it comes and put those scales away in a room you dont use often -Only take them out on weighing day.

Keep up your good work

2lb a week is the top end of what SW say you should lose by following the plan. So if you look at your weight losses purely from the official SW line you are actually having big losses! Well done! 2lb a week over a year would be a massive 7 stone 6lb loss. Someone on here has a picture of 1lb of fat in their signature and it's huge and your losing double that.

Definitely stop weighing yourself in between official weigh in days, you will drive yourself crazy if you continue that way. Trust in the plan and celebrate those losses even if they are only 1/2lb some days. The most important thing is the little minus(-) each week in your book not the number after it.

johannab said:
Thanks a lot guys. Feel a bit better about it all now. Hopefully the next few weeks will make a difference. Beautifullilly hope your holiday to Florida is great. I went last may for three weeks, best holiday I ever had. Hoping to go again next year:jelous:

Thank you, am very excited:) holiday clothes are proving a problem though as I'm in between sizes. Have two pairs of shorts that fit so think I'll be alternating between the 2 for the duration!

Back