New to the board and a new plan from today!

hello everyone - I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm lucy and i'm a married mum to two little girls, aged 4 and 8 months. I am starting a new plan today - weighttogo.com - it is not cheap but I had a real scare last week. I was in for a hernia repair and because of my BMI, I was at higher risk during my surgery. The surgeon said I might have to stay in overnight because of the general anaesthetic/BMI. He then said it would probably be okay because some of the people who had gastric band surgery had a higher BMI than me. I asked him if I was a candidate for gastric band surgery and he said with my BMI, it would be considered but that first, it would be best to make a really concerted effort to get the weight off through dieting and exercise. So I have decided - this time to pull myself together and just DO IT!!!!

So - lots of research at the weekend as I have been on weightwatchers for a couple of months but not really sticking to it. I thought of Lighter Life as my friend had great success with it but I decided it was too low for me at this point with a young baby to run around after. I happened upon a plan called Weight to Go, set up by a doctor called David Ashton who has obesity clinics where there are group programmes for weight loss and also surgeries are carried out. It is not cheap, although cheaper than Lighter Life, but all the meals are sent to you and you just add fresh fruit and veg.

So - I have just started today. My weight today is 245lb and my BMI is 43. My first goal is to reduce by 10% - down to 220lb and a BMI of 38. My ultimate dream goal would be to get down to a healthy BMI of 24 - and 140lb. But I haven't been that weight since my early twenties - I need to take smaller steps I think to start off with!

I haven't been able to find that many posts/blogs by people on my plan - I think it is quite hard to search for it as the terms are used so frequently in many posts. So if anyone is on it - or knows someone on it - let me know!
take care all
L

Hiya!
Welcome to mini's :talk017:
I have been struggling with me weight for years, and i did this diet when i was 16.
Dr. Ashton is BRILLIANT, something he is really passionate about is obesiety and helping people get to a healthy weight - he has clinics all over the country, he works very hard!
Anyway, I am going to be 22 soon and i weigh 17 stone and i went to my gp to ask for weight loss surgery. It would have taken 2 years on the NHS, and even then- there was no garentee of funding at the end of it. I was left a lot of money by a great-uncle so i thought i would put it to good use. I did lots of reasearch on the net and then when i saw on the net the healthy weight did it and Dr.Ashton, and they said once you are a patient you are a patient for life- i went with them!
I had to go to Manchester to have my surgery, but my follow ups are in Birmingham.
Anyway, good luck - and you can do this!!!:D
I promise you that Dr.Ashton knows his stuff, he is a leading expert in obesiety- you can trust him!!
Xxx Lizzie xxX

good luck lucy

Hi, welcome and good luck!

Hey welcome to Minis,
Good luck with your weight loss!!

welcome to the forum, I was chatting about this diet plan on the lipotrim thread the other day. We had a conference in the hospital as well discussing it as the NHS wants doctors to recommend it to their patients. I haven't tried any of the items out however I have heard they are very expensive but taste good. Dying to know what they taste like so I will keep in touch to see how ya get on with them. Ask your local gp ya should get a reduction on the price as it comes under the nhs as well and if it helps they are currently looking for canditates to try out their product as well so ya also might get it cheaper or even free. Check out their website but as I said if that doesnt help ask your gp. Gud luck anyways and look forward to hearing of your progress

hello - thank you all for your welcomes!

thanks for the tip about the NHS. I have been on the diet a few days now - the food is not bad at all!

You have a shake and piece of fruit for breakfast, soup for lunch, shake mid-afternoon, meal for dinner with 80g of vegetables and shake for dinner. It costs about £48 per week if you buy a five week pack - but then I guess you are not spending v much on food otherwise so it is not as bad as it first seems.

But the taste is not bad at all - I find the shakes quite sweet but I like them all (banana, strawberry, vanilla) except the chocolate - but then I don't really like chocolate that much normally either. But they blend up quite thick and creamy. The soups are quite tasty but thin - v watery but they average about 100 calories per bowl so I guess that's to be expected. But they have flavour. The meals really surprised me - when you open the packet, it smells like Heinz baby food which doesn't taste good! But once heated up, the ones I have had so far have had a really nice flavour - perhaps it is just that by the end of the day it is nice to have something - anything - to chew! Even exciting having brocolli with it...but I am finding it very easy so far. Not having to think about food is the best bit!
L

Hi Lucy and :welcome: to Minimins. Good luck on your weightloss journey :) xxx

thank you all for your good luck wishes - they seem to be helping!! I have now lost 17 pounds in two weeks and am finding it the easiest diet I have ever been on. The Days 3-5 were hard and I had terrible headaches, felt like a terrible hangover. But I'm now really into the swing of it and am enjoying it (and the weight loss) at the moment. I have had a couple of meals out - so off the plan - but stuck to salads with no dressing, cheese, olives etc. Have also been to lots of Christmas parties with tempting buffets but managed to stay away! Hoping I can keep the resolve over the next few days...

Happy Xmas all!!

Lxxx

sounds like this could be worth a try, I am new here and lurking around trying to find a plan that would suit me, I am 14 stone and want to be approx 9.5 stone, will catch up with you later to see how you are getting on with it.
Val

thank you all for your good luck wishes - they seem to be helping!! I have now lost 17 pounds in two weeks and am finding it the easiest diet I have ever been on. The Days 3-5 were hard and I had terrible headaches, felt like a terrible hangover. But I'm now really into the swing of it and am enjoying it (and the weight loss) at the moment. I have had a couple of meals out - so off the plan - but stuck to salads with no dressing, cheese, olives etc. Have also been to lots of Christmas parties with tempting buffets but managed to stay away! Hoping I can keep the resolve over the next few days...

Happy Xmas all!!

Lxxx
Yay!!! You!:talk017:
Well done on the loss. Hope you are managing ok over the festive period :)

Back