New to the Cambridge Diet!

teamshelley

I started the diet yesterday and I have to say all is well so far. The only 'meals' I haven't hugely enjoyed is the soups. Loving the shakes and porridges though!

I have 3 or 4 stone to lose to get to my goal weight of 9 stone 4 which would be perfect for my height/age etc...!

Seems like so far away! One question I have is how do you deal with going out for meals? I get asked quite often for meals by friends however I can imagine this is quite a struggle! Do you just order a salad and pick at it or just not go?! xxx

Welcome to the forum shelley. There are lots of people here to help you in your journey and its a good place to ask questions and support (and give support of course).

Im only on day 7 and there are a few of us who all started at the same time so all early on in our CD.

Im not going out for a month. For me its easier!

Best of luck and keep posting :)
k x

Last edited:
Hi Shelley,

I started yesterday too on SS. I have 3 stone to go and then I will see how I feel and how I look.

Been OK so far as long as I stay busy. The hardest thing has been drinking so much water. So far have tried the leek and potato soup which was nice, the oriental chilli was really tasty too. Tried normal and maple and pecan porridge, but found the maple one a bit strange tasting. Choc shakes seem fine. Will try some new ones tomorrow.

I was invited out for dinner tonight, but I couldn't go anyway as hubby away and no childcare. I think at this point I probably would have just not gone, but maybe in a couple of weeks time it would be easier to avoid temptation. Be interested to see the replies.

Keep it up!

New starter too:)

Hi, I am due to start SS on Thursday:D and at the moment I am really excited about it. Its really nice to know there are people here who are in the same boat. I have 4 stone to lose in total but I am due back to work in 10 weeks so will be happy for any loss by then as I dont want to go back in matenity clothes!!!

I can not. stop. weeing.

Hahah! Day 2 completed and feeling good! Went to the gym today, didn't work out as hard as usual however still got sweaty and my abs hurt! Hoping to tone up as I go along so I dont have wobbly bits!

Really hoping for a great first week loss... it all just seems so far away! xxx

I can not. stop. weeing.

LOL!! join the club. I have to make sure i drink the bulk of it before 7pm or im up all night on the loo.

k x

I work from home. I may as well take my laptop with me to the toilet hahaha! :p

Hey there! I am almost at the end of Day 3 and waiting for ketosis to kick in. Meanwhile I'm going to try the toffee and walnut shake tonight. So far I've only had 2 items I didn't really like - the chicken & mushroom soup and the butterscotch shake. Have managed to drink 2+ ltrs of water/tea every day, but figure I need to do more. Have also continued to work out, but cut 15min off my routine as my CDC told me to stop working out altogether (!).
Although I don't feel very different (apart from the very frequent trips to the loo), my home scale says I've dropped 5lb in 2 days. However, I still have a loooong way to go and we'll see what my wi at the end of the week says.
Looking forward to reading your diary and hearing about your results. As soon as I get some time I will start a diary too.
Cheers!

Back