New to the Dukan, few questions!

magb

I've always done the Atkins diet, however just under 2 weeks ago my friend got me started on the Dukan and I really do love it. I did 7 days of Attack (I was only supposed to do 3 so this is a little naughty) and I've now been doing the 1/1 alternations between PP and PV on the cruise phase. Dieting is HARD, particularly as I am a student and others around me eat rubbish that I so desperately want. However, this is the only one that I have properly stuck to and not even attempted to break so I'm feeling positive. However, I do have a few questions.

Dr Dukan says in the book that 2 low fat fruit yogs are allowed daily. Can I therefore eat 2 muller light a day?

How can I curb my sweet cravings? Am I allowed any type of jelly?

What do you do when you find yourself hungry while out with only a convenience store nearby? I struggle to find things to eat when this happens. I had to rush out one day last week and I was starving after and hour, had to settle with Diet Coke as the only meat in the shop was a pepperami!

Finally, how much veg can I actually have on the cruise phase? is a salad with meat for lunch and dinner too much? I really do miss my veg!

I'm struggling to lose weight on the cruise phase. The Dukan website suggests that I will be at my goal by the end of June but with my slow weight loss I can't see that happening. All the weight I lost was in the Attack stage.

Your BMI is 21.5 so I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Your BMI is 21.5 so I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Hi, I know my bmi is only 21.5 but I do actually just want to shuffle a few pounds. Although it's still in the normal range, I am not happy with my shape. I don't plan on getting to underweight, as you can see from my target bmi. Just thought I'd be able to ask a few questions :s...

...Dr Dukan says in the book that 2 low fat fruit yogs are allowed daily. Can I therefore eat 2 muller light a day?

How can I curb my sweet cravings? Am I allowed any type of jelly?

What do you do when you find yourself hungry while out with only a convenience store nearby? I struggle to find things to eat when this happens. I had to rush out one day last week and I was starving after and hour, had to settle with Diet Coke as the only meat in the shop was a pepperami!

Finally, how much veg can I actually have on the cruise phase? is a salad with meat for lunch and dinner too much? I really do miss my veg!

I'm struggling to lose weight on the cruise phase. The Dukan website suggests that I will be at my goal by the end of June but with my slow weight loss I can't see that happening. All the weight I lost was in the Attack stage.

Hi magb... don't worry - I'll help you out here a bit :)

RE: the yogurts. This discussion could last for days. Yes, technically you can have 2x Mueller Lights, but as you don't have lots to lose, I'd stay away - if you really want a yogurt, the general consensus is to do a non-fat plain and add your own Splenda and maybe vanilla essence.

Sugar-free Jelly is allowed - all flavours.

I cook up turkey strips and keep them in my handbag (in a ziploc) any time I'm out for any length to combat temptation.

RE: veg - you should try and have more protein than vegetable at every meal, but that's about the only real guideline. Technically, you're not limited as to veg amount, but books says don't go wild.

And just so you know - I stalled for 9 days after hitting Cruise. It happens - I dropped quickly straight after stall passed and now down 20lbs in just 4 weeks. Trust me - you can do your remaining 10lbs by end of June... that's about the same goal as me and I plan on making that goal!! :D

Thankyou so much Jess! I've been trying to find these answers for days! I know I'm not far from my goal but self esteem wise, this will make all the difference. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! :).

Thankyou so much Jess! I've been trying to find these answers for days! I know I'm not far from my goal but self esteem wise, this will make all the difference. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! :).

Glad to help and I wish you loads of luck! I've always believed confidence is key and whilst some feel comfortable bigger (myself included) - I can totally understand just wanting that extra push to just feel a bit better and healthier. One of my very best friends is taller than you and also quite slim and she's perfectly fit and healthy. Its a bit harder I think, to carry any extra weight when you are tall (from an aesthetic standpoint) so I can see where you're coming from... JMHO.
:) Best of luck to you and welcome!

I third (or fourth) that Jess.

- and I thought it was a reflection off the dress :D

Fab photo.

In fact, why are you looking to lose weight? you look great!

In fact, why are you looking to lose weight? you look great!

Thanks Joanne! I'm actually not on this journey to look any different (in fact, I'm not pleased that it seems for every pound I lose my skin looks another year older! :() But its because I really like working out and just wanted to be healthier - thus the small weight loss goal... just enough so I can run a 10K comfortably :D!

I'm totally with you on the wanting to find running easier Jess. (I'm also a Jess!) Although I know my weight isn't a bad thing by the numbers, I have picked up so many injuries whilst running whilst being at a higher weight that I never got whilst at my lower weight that I'm convinced that if I want to run better, I need to get back to my pre marriage weight. I also found it so much easier when I was lighter, it wasn't an effort to lift up my leg on each stride and I usually felt like I could run all day, and that is what I can't wait to get back to!

Back