new to the forums, so, err, hi

warflabber

Hi all, thought I would pop over and say hello.

The long and short of it is I am tired of kidding myself saying 'I would rather be fat and happy than thin and miserable'.

Ive always been a bit chunky, and ive had no interest in sports, and ive always worked at a desk, so ive never had much of a need to move much, but I was unemployed for just under a year and that hit me hard, and I used food for comfort, couple that with my daughter getting diagnosed with autism I wasnt really a happy bunny.

Ive now got a job, (yay) and ive developed lactose intolerance (boo), so hopefully that restriction in diet will steer me away from cake.

All in all I really want to do this now, I need to lose weight, my wife has been a rock through my hard times, and has always said she would love me regardless of my size, but its also becoming a strain, so I really need some hand holding through this one.

Im actually a little scared about losing weight, (fear of failure maybe) so I may need some encouragement and help

cheers guys

I think sometimes being unhappy with yourself can put a strain on relationships, because you cant believe someone could love you when you don't love yourself or even like yourself very much.

I would download myfitnesspal app on your phone and start with that, it really helps make you aware of what your eating.

Good luck!

Back