New to this diet, still waiting for book to be delivered. Need a little advice.

x Lulu x

Silver Member
Hi Everyone!

I've been doing slim and save but not sticking to it fully which i think is a waste of money as i have to buy seperate food to my family (i still live at home with my parents)

So i want to give dukan a go so i can eat sort of like the rest of my family (minus the carbs), after someone at work mentioned it. It seems similar to a VLCD so i'll have a try.

As i am still waiting for the book to arrive can anyone tell me if my food plan for tomorrow is ok?

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs.

Lunch - Chicken stir fried in frylight and a little bit of soy sauce.

Dinner - Ham Omelette

Snacks - crab sticks, fat free yogurt

Thanks for reading.

What sort of losses do you see on this diet? I have 18lb left to loose after loosing 2 and a half stone on weight watchers. Ideally would like this to be as soon as possible :) x

Hi Lulu,

If you look at my signature you can see what my weight loss has been like.

I did 3 days ATTACK and lost 4.6lbs in this time.

I have cheated a little but I'm still losing all the same.

Your meal plan looks fine, just make sure you don't go hungry and if you do, eat protein!

There are plenty of Dukan recipes to follow on here and make sure you are eating your Oatbran.

Maria (aka TriniMaria) xx

Thanks. I'm hoping to be 8 stone something asap lol my overall goal is 8st 7. I want to be there before my holiday on 21st september x

Thanks. I'm hoping to be 8 stone something asap lol my overall goal is 8st 7. I want to be there before my holiday on 21st september x

That's very doable Lulu, good luck :)

Hi and welcome, I did attack for a week but I have 5 stone to lose, and I lost 6.5lb in that first week. Its been steady since then and I've lost about 18lb so far. thats with just under 6 weeks. But as I said I have loads to lose.

Your menu seems fine, remember to use skimmed milk (though i do use semi as I only use the smallest of amounts each day and i really can't stand the taste of skimmed).
Crabsticks are a great idea as a snack and FF natural yogurts can be flavoured with tspn sweetner and flavourings.

have a look around here on the recipes and diaries as they will give you a better hint at what to look for. Also worth looking back through the normal posts as a lot of us may have started posts about things that could helpyou.

good luck xx

Welcome Lulu!
This is a great diet!
I'm celebrating my FIRST year today!
I lost 11 lbs in my 7 days attack.

Oh My God Elisheba, I've just looked at your stats...............you're a blooming miracle, wow wow wow, am so so impressed with your weight loss. I bet you look, sound and feel fabulous.

Amazing x

Thanks everyone for getting back to me!! :)

I've just been to sainsburys before work for some crab sticks and fat free yogurts, I got shape delights raspberry and strawberry. Does anyone know if theses are ok? I know i read some where that i should have a maz of 2 fruit flavoured yogurts per day x

Am i not allowed fruit yogurt at all?

I really need the book lol i'm so confused x

Sorry Lulu,

no fruit or fruit yoghurts. Plain unflavoured fat-free (0%) yoghurt, and sweeten it yourself with sweetener and/or add flavouring like vanilla or cinnamon for example.
Most 0% flavoured yoghurt (fruit and or vanilla/toffee etc) also contain added sugar which is a definite no-no! Stick to the list of 100 foods that Trini just posted and you can't go wrong.

Also have a look at the extensive list of frequently asked questions that forum members have compiled over time, this should help as well while you're waiting for the book:
http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/225396-dukan-faq.html

Thanks. One more question (sorry to be a pain) I've read some where i can eat tinned sardines or mackerel as long as its not in oil, can i have the mackerel in tomato sauce?

Thanks so much for your help xx

Mackerel or sardines or tuna (any fish) in BRINE are okay any time.

You're doing attack I presume, so no tomato.

Mackerel / Sardines in tomato sauce are only allowed on cruise PV days - AND check very CAREFULLY that there is only tomato added, no oil, sugar or thickeners for example. Last time I looked Sainsbury tinned Mackerel in Tomato was okay.

Have a look here about how the diet works: Delicious Dieting - Dukan Diet Phase Description, Articles and Books

It is confusing to start with, but you will get used to it. I flavour and sweeten my own fat free yogurts, make my own yougurt as well now.

I've only used tuna in brine, though the tomato ones sound nice, will have to look out for them. LOL.

Great that you have the book now lulu. Not just for the rules, but because it is motivating and really changes the way you think about food. Also explains the reasoning behind things. I go back and flip through it regularly. (funny to say 'flip' even though it's an ebook!)

I say this a lot, but get to know your labels! Under 2% fat and carbs as low as possible, probably 3 to 5% for yoghurt. If its more, there are probably fruit pieces and/or added sugar.

That said, I do eat some fruit flavored yoghurt myself but my loss has been pretty gradual. Better to start strict and then try to add a few tolerated items to see if you stall.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Cx

I've only used the tuna in spring water (thought that was the only one allowed) :confused:

I don't know trini, I use the tuna in brine, after all its water too LOL.

The book says all 'all fish are allowed, lean or fat, white or oily, fresh, frozen dried or smoked, or canned (but not in any oil or sauce containing fat'. I figure that means brine is ok. I actually managed to get some sardines in tom sauce today, after what someone mentioned. I looked at about ten different tins of fish in sauce, and in the end Asda cheapest was the lowest fat and carbs.

I don't know trini, I use the tuna in brine, after all its water too LOL.

The book says all 'all fish are allowed, lean or fat, white or oily, fresh, frozen dried or smoked, or canned (but not in any oil or sauce containing fat'. I figure that means brine is ok. I actually managed to get some sardines in tom sauce today, after what someone mentioned. I looked at about ten different tins of fish in sauce, and in the end Asda cheapest was the lowest fat and carbs.

The only reason I thought you weren't allowed is because brine is made up of water that has been saturated in salt.

But if it works for you, that is great!

Back