New to this forum

4isnotenough

I all,

I'm finding my way round the Atkins forum and it looks like a nice pace to settle. I've read, though not memorised the old Atkins book I also read Nerris & Indias idiot proof diet. I am now following a low carb with fat diet based on the atkins principles. I'm trying to eat veg every day - trying to be good.

My journey has taken me a year and a half. I started on VLCD April 2010 at 16st 7lb (probably more as I did low carb before that started to kick it off). I've had lots of breaks in between for lots of reasons, and each time I maintained and sometimes lost by following a low carb diet.

So now I am here - October 2011 weighing in at 12st 5lb. I'm very pleased with how far I've come. I'm on low carb diet again.

No breaks now till I hit 10 stone mark. I would love to do it in time for Santa. X x x

Welcome to our little forum and good luck with the rest of your journey, you have done really really well so far xx

Well done on your journey do far 4... You've done so well :)

Hi and welcome! I am new to Atkins but im enjoying it so far! Well done on your weight loss so far! I hope you meet your goal in time for Santa! :)

Welcome to the forum, and very well done so far! I too am making a real effort now that we are in the run-up to Christmas. This way of eating is the only one I can stick with, and enjoy, and trust. I think people first come to Atkins seeking a miracle. They usually find it, but losses are unpredictible and can slow down for no obvious reason, so dieters go back to methods they have tried (and failed with) countless times before. The lucky ones - and I count myself in that group - come back to Atkins each time the alternatives fail.

Low carbing is the only way I can maintain any kind of peace or calm around food. When I load-up on carbs my life becomes chaotic.

Good luck!

Hi girly... You've articulated what is special about Atkins... It's the calmness and lack of panic or anxiety because I am comfortable in the foods and menus and (touch wood) have never experienced a slow but steady weight loss before! It's sort of miraculous! Lol :)

hear hear girly!! thats me exactly...i stop obsessing about food when im eating low carb...its a miracle, for me.

I am just the same - on a low carb plan I am no longer constantly thinking about food - and really enjoy what I eat.

I think low-carb works really well for "foodies"... Or maybe with me it's "greedies" because I don't have to go hungry...

Yeah the low carb means have food can eat. I considered we and sw and various other diets but they all seemed too hard The thought of restricting myself was too much to bear. I've done VLCD, am an all or nothing girl. I lost a lot on LCD and loved it but I think now it's time to switch to lo carb/atkins way of life.

No counting no thinking - just all the foods I love with no carbs.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back