New to this site

Heather A

hi everyone i am new to this site and would love help in how to use it. I have been doing slimming world since May and lost a total of 25lbs :) which am over the moon about as no other diet has ever worked. I started my weight loss journey after i promised my baby niece (who was born sleeping) that i would take life with both hands and enjoy it to the fullest - this included loosing weight so that i was happy in myself!!! i started last september by stoping drinking diet coke - i was addicted - and managed to lose 2 stone then i could feel it creeping back on so joined slimming world and havnt looked back. Tomorrow is my nieces first birthday/anniversary and so this week has not been on plan - can not wait until tuesday to get back to food optimising 100%. I would love to know your weight loss stories - why you got involved and how far you have come ! its not easy but with the help of others it doesnt half help :)

xxx heather xxx

Welcome! Sorry for your loss, but well done on using it as a motivator for something positive. 25lbs is awesome, it is about what I am looking to lose. I lost a stone on slim and save total meal replacement, but found it was too unsociable for me so swapped to slimming world three weeks ago. Lost 2.5lbs on my first weigh in, second weigh in this week (did a week from home). Really looking forward to losing all my weight, slimming world seems really easy to follow too.

This site is great, a real source of support and advice between classes. Good luck on your journey.

You have done so well, that's a lot of weight to lose. I was very addicted to diet coke at one time, getting through about 3 litres a day and believed that it helped me to not eat too much. I honestly thought that I couldn't get through a day without it. I've not had any now for about 4 years and I was amazed at how many health problems went away that I hadn't considered were anything to do with this drink. I never think about it now and wouldn't drink it no matter what. The cravings went away very quickly. Good luck.

Thank you so much that's very kind of you both to say. Today has been hard and I have eaten so much rubbish that my stomach hurts. I'm glad that it hurts because I have just been to Asda to buy lots of fruit to make me feel better and get back on track. The diet coke addiction was terrible I ended up with some serious health problems, including the rotting of my stomach - when the doctor told me this it was a big wake up call. I had a taste of it a couple of months ago and it was horrible -it tasted like soil! Going to plan all my meals to tomorrow and do a big shop - no chocolate is entering my trolley haha ! I love slimming world it's so easy to follow and when you have a bad day or even a week like me it's easy enough to get back on track. Hope you have both had a good day :) and I look forward to hearing your stories and successes :) xx

This isnt one of my really good friends is it?? Who I happened to mention minimins to at her house yday???? No it couldnt be!!!!!
Fancy me having to find this for myself and u not even saying out....

Hehe we can do it!!!!

Ps: if u dont know who I am them totally ignore this post
Pps: god I hope it is u otherwise this would be a bit of a facepalm wouldnt it :)

I am so glad you are finding the plan easy to follow ... I am just about to start and I hope I do too

New to this site also - about 5 days - and finding it so helpful, and very inspirational. About 4 stone to lose so its going to be a long haul but at 48 yrs I am finally ready

Yes Brittany it me, can't believe u kept this one quiet haha ! 48 is as a good a time to start as any, what matters is that your now ready and thinking positively about it xx

I have heard 48 is the new 21..... Good Luck :wavey:Are you going to attend meetings?... if so have you been to one yet? Inquiring minds need to know...:D

I'm not going to weigh in tonight (naughty I know) yes I go the meetings, I've been going since may, the group is really lovely and I know am not going to weigh in tonight but I usually go every Tuesday, do u go the meetings Hun. I don't think I could do it without having to face the scales in public. Xx

It's something you do for yourself and using that little bit of time for you is well worth it

:0clapper:

It's been good, work laugh at me because I eat a whole melon for breakfast lol. So had that then a shape 0% yogurt, pear, apple, orange, savoury rice with diet coke pork, pepper, onion and cucumber , yummy ! How about u x

Back