new to this

Hi all, i'm new to this taking orlisat and was just intrested in any advice. I know the 5g rule and less than 15g per meal but i am stuck on the sort of things i can eat while taking xenical. Any advice/help will be much appriciated. Thanks:)

hey mrs , there are loads of things you can have, im finding its all about common sense. avoid all things creamy, dont add oils, use lower fat alteratives (ie swap cream for low fat creme fraiche or quark) , chicken is a great ingredient and there are loads of sauces you can buy, and loads you can make too, that are low fat or even fat free :) bacon is good if you trim away the visible fat and grill it not fry it. thats a pretty golden rule too, try not to fry - if you must then try and sweat the juices from meat to cook itself or invest in fry light spray! weight watchers do a great range of frozen and non frozen desserts for when u just have to have pudding, and slim fast have chocolate snack bars and pretzls and cheese snacks that are good for when u need some low fat treats!

go through people's diaries on here and youll pick up hints and recipes and ideas from them!

anyways! i have a diary called claires food diary where i wrte down all my meals, hope that might help a little lol!!

x good luck xxxxx

oh - lol - if you are in dire need of a curry - sainsburys have an amazing ready meal chicken tikka masala in their just be good range - soooo yummy, and v like take away - but only 7.5 g fat :)

Hello there,

I recommend checking out the xenical diaries section, as a lot of people here list their daily food.

I have only been on xenical for just over a week so there's plenty of more experience folk around here but the things I tend to eat are:

Breakfast

wheatibix with semi skimmed milk and a glass of orange and some fruit
or a aplin summer fruits light with a yoghurt and a glass of orange juice
or a oatso simple and a glass of orange juice

Morning Snack and Afternoon Snack

As any snacks during the day aren't benefitted by the tablet I tend to eat fat free or really low fat snacks such as cherrys, apple, bannana or a muller light.

Lunch

1 pitta bread with tuna in (weight watchers do a pack of 3 single portion tuna's in a tomato dressing - they do other flavours too), or chicken and salad in a pitta. Or a bagel, toasted with low fat cream cheese.
A fat free yoghurt and either caramel snack a jacks or sweet chill ryvitta mini's.
And a portion of fruit.

Dinner

Well the possibilities are endless - things like stir fry but using the 1 calorie spray instead of oil, or chicken fajitas (I've also had fajitas in pitta breads too instead of the wraps, which is quite nice), or you can go for prepepared meals like tesco light choices or weight watchers.

This is a good website for recipes too:

Recipes | Rosemary Conley TV

I often have weight watchers desserts which are delicious, or lemon sorbet. Or a healthy Eton mess, with meringues, plain yogurt and strawberrys.

Eggs and Salmon contain high amounts of fat so use them in moderation.

Good luck xxxxxxx

Good advice from the ladies above, but be careful of the Slim-fast bars - as I remember someone saying a while back that they're not all within the Xenical rules.

I tend to eat porridge (oats so simple) every day for breakfast, although it's slightly over the fat guidelines, the calories are low, and it does fill me up.

For lunch I often have soup - either the Weight Watchers ones, or my latest obsession, which is Heinz Big Soup - I only have one slice of bread with them as the calories are slightly higher, but most of them are well within the fat guidelines, and they're really filling - more like a casserole than a soup!
I also sometimes have beans on toast, or a pre-prepared salad (Co-op ones are the lightest ones I've found, and their chicken and bacon one is quite nice)
If I'm having salad and I need something extra to fill up on, I'll sometimes have crackerbread or a Ryvita with Laughing Cow extra light cheese.

In the evening, I quite often have Weight Watchers or supermarket own brand low fat ready meals, but I bulk them up with extra vegetables as they don't fill me on their own.
I also eat quite a few stir-fries - sometimes with chicken/fish and sometimes with straight-to-wok noodles. The Blue Dragon sauces that come in sachets are quite nice, and they're low fat too.
When I'm feeling motivated, I also do a batch of curry, chilli, or ritotto to split into portions and freeze. That way, there's always something to grab when I get home from work.

Basically most things that you would normally have can be adapted to fit the Xenical rules. Try swapping minced beef for Quorn for example, and as the other ladies have said, don't use any oil to cook.

For snacks, I eat fruit, Alpen Light bars, mini melba toast, Snack a Jacks (some are not within the rules) Mini Milk lollies, and Weight Watchers ice cream deserts.

But my best advice would be to set aside a fair amount of time to do your food shopping, and check the packets as you're going along. You'll be surprised at how much you can actually eat (but also shocked at how much fat some things contain)
x

I think I am making butternut squash risotto for dinner tonight. Yum yum xxx

Back