new to this

stickynicki

hi there ive decided to give this ago because i carnt stand doing cd no more,ive been reading all your post and stuff so am going to buy the book tomorrow,please could anyone give me any advice on what to eat or anything as am very nervous and i dont want to mess up ,many thanks :D

hi

thanks ,ive started today but it feels weird eating bacon with fat on, and mushrooms cooked in butter lol.i hope my books comes tomorrow but i keep reading everyones stories and stuff .x:)

Hiii can I join? I'm on day one of my Atkins! :) today iv been grazing on chicken legs and a bit of cheese. (il eat anything for breakfast) no idea what to have for tea maybe an omelete and a protein shake :)

You can eat meat fats and veggies. Although I'd go with good fats like olive oil rather than bad fats. Stay away from sugar (Inc fruit), grains , pasta potatoes etc. Watch out for sugary veggies though like carrots you can have them but not as much as say broccoli. That's pretty much it! Xx

Hiii can I join? I'm on day one of my Atkins! :) today iv been grazing on chicken legs and a bit of cheese. (il eat anything for breakfast) no idea what to have for tea maybe an omelete and a protein shake :)

You can eat meat fats and veggies. Although I'd go with good fats like olive oil rather than bad fats. Stay away from sugar (Inc fruit), grains , pasta potatoes etc. Watch out for sugary veggies though like carrots you can have them but not as much as say broccoli. That's pretty much it! Xx

Hi! I am on day one of Atkins too! I hope it all goes well for you!

Hi Im on day one of Atkins as well and unsure of what I shoiuld be eating. It seems straightforward untill your thinking of what to eat. So far today Iv had -
B - grilled Mattisons turkey rashers and a one egg omlette fried in x virgin olive oil
S- gammon with asda extra special creamy coleslaw (dont think i shouldv had this though)
L - Curried chicken breast, lettuce, tomato and peppers
D - Steak with mushrooms and savoy cabbage done in garlic and cream. The mushrooms had soy sauce on them and I dont know if I should have had that either
S - Green olives and I also boiled a brisket joint which iv been nibbling on

Iv also had 2 cups of coffee today with sweetner in it. I know I shouldnt but I just cant take it black. If any one is reading this with more experience tell me if this is ok.

hi

well my first day was ace,i had bacon and mushrooms for breki,dinner was an omlett,tea mmmmmmmmmmmm salad with steak cooked on top on green beans and green pepper in garlic butter ,it was well lush,and me too i carnt do coffee without milk.wish me books would hurry up that i got off ebay x...what did everyone else eat:eek:

Morning ... Try coffee with double cream rather than milk as it has less carbs... Good luck with it! :)

Broox159 said:
About 3.5 stone in total, you?

About two stone. I'm aiming for two dress sizes rather than weight.

Wow you are all imaginative when it comes to eating! I think homemade coleslaw is ok but watch the sugar content in pre bought stuff. And there is really nothing wrong with a bit of sweetener it doesn't effect ketosis unless u eat a lot of it.

Yesterday I had chicken legs and cheese to munch on all day then had scrambled egg on toast for tea. I ate about 40g of carbs but it's my first day and I thought I'd ease into it! This morning I ate one of them tuna steak packets with olive oil and a hint of tomato or something. I eat whatever I find in the cupboards in a morning haha x

Hi & :welcome: to all newbies, have you read the stickies at the top of the page? I use double cream in coffee too & fry my eggs in butter. :)

About two stone. I'm aiming for two dress sizes rather than weight.

I want to go down about 2 dress sizes too! Maybe 3...shall see how it goes. I hope everyone is doing well todday! :)

hia

i want to lose about 5 stone ,such a huge weight loss i dont no how am gonna cope lol..i have no willpower but this is my second day of atkins and i am loving it :)

stickynicki said:
i want to lose about 5 stone ,such a huge weight loss i dont no how am gonna cope lol..i have no willpower but this is my second day of atkins and i am loving it :)

Glad your loving it! If ur enjoying it u will stay motivated! Best thing to do is set littler goals so that you don't get disheartened. Aim for 1stone and then when u get there you can do the next stone! Once you know you can lose a stone it will make u know you can do the rest too! Xx

Back