New to this!

powerwill

So I started on Lipotrim on Monday and so far so good!

I've joined on here hoping to get a bit of moral support as I live alone and don't have anyone to urge me on.

Finding it all ok presently although I'm not exactly far in! The chocolate and vanilla shakes are ok, not too keen on the strawberry and the chicken soup is ok as long as it's hot, luke warm makes me gag!

Had a really upset stomach for the past couple of days which hasn't been great but hoping that eases soon. Making sure I drink tonnes of water.

Just wanted to ask, what's the law on different types of tea? I've been drinking earl grey but wondered if anyone had any other favourites :)

Hello and welcome
I started on Monday as well,second time round for me now.
Drink plenty of water. You can drink black tea and black coffee. Allowed sweeteners. Earl grey is fine. Nothing with berries etc.
Sorry to hear you have not been well. Hopefully you will improved keep drinking. Have some hot water that always helps me when I m ill.

Go on you tube and type in lipotrim on there and watched the 30 minute video it very good.

;)

X

Hi and welcome. I did this diet almost 4yrs ago and I discovered peppermint tea! I used to drink earl grey (from tea & not tea bags) but I stopped drinking it when I started on the peppermint tea (bags not loose tea) and I continued to drink it to ths day, it's fab. The best one, and indeed the only one I like is Lord Nelson brand which you can only in LIDL, they're aso the cheapest.

hi and welcome, and most of all good luck x
I am a green tea fan myself, but I need two sweeteners in it not my usual one in coffee etc, not sure why, play around with things until you get to what you like, try coffee in your vanilla shake, peppermint or coffee in your choc one, i am not a fan of the strawberry either, but do love the soup pipping hot.
Week 1 can be like a week in hell for some, not so much for others, but with the thought of losing a large amount to kick start you it should keep you going xx

Hello there, this is a great thread!

I started on Saturday past, so this is my day 7 and weigh in tomorrow morning.
This week has been tough, day 3 and 4 were awful, I had to leave work and put myself to bed.
But I did notice a slight improvment from day 5.
I got slightly hungry on the eve of day 6, but the craving for food was in my head, and not in my tummy (a weird feeling, and a great lesson to learn!!)
I also realised that I didnt drink as much water as I normally did, and this probably brought on those carvings too.
So ran myself a bath and had an early night, and feel amazing this morning. I am so proud of myself that I beat those cravings!!

If you are in your first week and are reading this, here is my advice:
Always take one day at a time, set yourself small goals. Just keep thinking, "If I can get through today, I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow"
Never have a glass/bottle of water out of your hand. You MUST sip at water all day. This will help in every way!!!
Print off a blank calendar (from microsoft outlook perhaps) and mark off your days every night before you go to bed. IT is a great feeling to have seen the day through!
For the first week, I suggest weighing your self every morning (after being to the loo) THis has been the best incentive for me to keep going.

Good luck, and remeber to be very proud of yourself!!!!

Thanks for all of your lovely replies, it's great to have people to discuss this with. Everyone else just thinks that I've lots the plot!!!

I have a few more questions (sorry)

What happens if you heat up the shakes?
Will my upset stomach ever go????
What could be the reason for my upset stomach?

I was really proud of myself last night as a friend from work came riding with me and afterwards came back to my house where she ate a chinese take away in front of me. I felt really empowered that I got through it ok (I know that sounds really sad). Today at work though I've got to contend with everyone in the office having "fish friday" which is basically when everyone has something from the fish and chip shop. Worse still I've got to go and buy it to bring back for them. I really am testing myself :)

Wow that is going to be reallllllly tough. One of my first cravings was for a fish from the chippy and I hardly ever eat chippy food let alone a fish. I think I've had all of 2 whole chippy fish in 5 years or more so don't know why I craved it??

Good luck with today, just think of the end goal but also getting through today is a major battle won in your fight for freedom from the body that is imprisoning you. Go girl!!

Now that takes will power to know you can buy food for others and not eat it. I have done that a lot for my partner since starting the diet I cook him his food but wait to have my shake until after he has eaten and Makes me feel so much better knowing that I don't need to eat any food. And I challenge myself everyday to make the diet less boring by showing I can be around food an not want it and don't break the diet at all gives me big sense of achievement :)

Hi Powerwill. :)

How is your tummy now?

A little advice in relation to foods. I personally dont like shakes myself, so perceived this whole Lipotrim thing too hard for me, but its not. I drink water and black tea up until 12pm in the day and then have a chicken soup. I have it in a cup as a cup-a-soup :)
Then at about 4pm I have a pepermint tea, again in a cup (made with 2 teabags, making the pepermint very strong) and mix that with a chocolate powder. It makes the nicest hot chocolate.
And then, in the evening, watching the TV, I have strawberry ice-cream :D
I mix the strawberry powder with approx 60ml of water, pop it into a rankin. I cover with tin foil and pop into the freezer. I do not like the strawberry at all!! But frozen, really is nice!!!
I am sure you could do this with vanilla too, I tried it and wasnt fussed, but def worth a try :)

Hope some of this helps sooth your tummy :) :) :)

Hi powerwill :)

I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Good luck for your first weigh-in! :)

Thanks so much for the good advice guys, I'm definitely going to try them. My tummy's a lot better but I've still got no worries with regard to constipation in you catch my drift! I lost 12 pounds at my first weigh in which has given a great boost. My clothes are already feeling looser and I can now see how all the hard work will be worth it!

That is a fantastic start to your journey powerwill!! Well done you :D!! Starting myself on Thursday and would be delighted with results like that. Such inspiration to get me going. Thanks;).xx

WOW fantastic.

Hope I can do as well x

Hopefully I'll be starting lipotrim Thursday, got my appointment tomorrow night. I was a bit worried about how I'd cope but after reading how well other people are doing on here, I'm going to go for it and fingers crossed it works !!!!

That will be us both in the same boat then Kesser come Thursday:D You can do it!! I envisage myself like something possessed by Saturday!!! Bathrobed......hair on end......grunting answers to questions as I slide one foot in front of the other lol!!!!! Hoping to be in the land of the living by Monday and Ketosis in full swing;)

Back