New to this

Hi im Sarah-jane, have tried all kinds of diets in the past but have never really got very far. So iv decided to try calorie counting and see how i get on. I have been reading through some of the post and thought i would start a thread as that seem s to be the way to go, so hope to hear from anyone on here x

1st goal - Loose 7lbs
2nd goal- loose 7lbs
3rd goal - loose 7lbs

Last edited:
Hi,

Good luck with your calorie counting! It is a good way to lose weight without any set restrictions, so I hope it works well for you!

Hi Sarah-jane. I'm a life-long dieter too, and I've found cc is the only thing thats working for me? Try logging everything (you'll be surprised how each nibble adds up!) you eat for a while. I use an online site to log (www.foodfocus.co.uk It's free and you can see your weight/cal intake on charts to motivate you!) and it will help educate you on portion sizes- i.e.what they should be, not what you think they should be! Remember to take it one day at a time, if you have a bar of chocolate one day its NOT the end of the world, just start over the next day. Take it slowly, expect to lose maybe 1lb a week and you may get a surprise if you lose more some weeks. We're all in the same boat so feel free to ask anything that you think of that we can help with?

Thanks for your reply its nice to know others are doing the same as me, i have just had my first full day of calorie counting and have started a diary so here's hoping i can stick to this and loose the weight x

Well i am now starting day 4 of my calorie counting and to be honest its going really well, it took me a day or 2 to get my head round counting everything i eat but im getting used to it now. I have decided not to count my veg and fruit unless im roasting them with virgin olive oil anyways thats me for now hope everyone else is doing well bye :D:D

Fruit, salad and veg make up the majority of my diet. If I didn't count them I'd get a totally false sense of my daily calories. I assume you only have a small amount of fruit and veg if you aren't counting them? They do help to bulk out meals with only a few calories, but in my experience I've needed to count everything or it doesn't work...(why SW didn't work for me...no such thing as 'free food' in my world!)

hi munkypooh, i have weighed portions for my veg, i use food focus to get the weghts for my veg and i only eat apples and bananas which i have as a snack between meals i try to have one portion of meat per day usually chicken if not tuna steak or a piece of cod and wholewheat pasta or brown rice make up the rest of my meals i am eating around 1300 -1400 cals a day x

That all sounds pretty healthy;-and tasty too! :)

Feeling good

I am just finishing the 1st week of cal counting and have found i have been able to stick to my daily calories well, im feeling really positive about everything right now so lets hope it continues x:D

Well done, the weeks will soon add up, and you'll have made it to target!

Remember that every week you've stuck to the plan, you've succeeded, the scales don't matter as they sometimes take a while to catch up. I think KD posted a really good 'sticky' about that....

1st weigh in x

Have weighed myself this morning after my 1st week and i have lost 6lbs which i am so pleased with:D

I have done some exercise aswell, walking for 30 mins 3 times this week and 2 20 min sections of the claire sweeny exercise dvd. hope everyone else is getting on well x x

Thanks i think this is the way to go for me its doesent feel to much like dieting more like keeping everything healthy and in moderation so i get the most out of my calorie allowance :) x

Have weighed myself this morning after my 1st week and i have lost 6lbs which i am so pleased with:D

I have done some exercise aswell, walking for 30 mins 3 times this week and 2 20 min sections of the claire sweeny exercise dvd. hope everyone else is getting on well x x

a 6lbs loss calorie counting is fantastic!! well done :)

exercising is a great idea too, it makes me feel loads better in general, not just for weightloss reasons :)

just signed up to food focus, looks great, goo to know im 47calories below target. i have been really eating healthy today, but actually ate quite alot! not hungry at all, so i guess its not eating less, just eating right!

2nd week weigh in

Hi well today is my 2nd week of calorie counting and i have weighrd myself today and have lost 2lbs this week so im really happy. Things are going great and i am starting to feel better in myself which i think is down to the fact that i am no longer eating so much junk and processed foods any way thats it for now x:D

Back