New to up and down

Good luck hope you are doing OK ;)

Didn't manage it again. But did eat really well and only totalled 645 calories. Actually quite pleased with that. As half term is such a struggle I'm just going to try and keep the calories as low as I can without stressing about it. (preferably below my 950 weekly average). And back to normal next week!!!

gentoo/aptenny

I used to find half terms hard whilst dieting, not because I was off work (I don't work anymore) but because the kids are around all day so the day is more food orientated, this time though I am finding it OK, my willpower is usually rubbish but I don't know whether the longer you are on this diet the easier it gets or what but I am not finding it hard ??
I honestly think though that the more time you give this diet the easier it gets :)

I'd agree. During a normal week I have to plan the food, get up early and prepare it all before I leave for the day (including sorting dinner so all grubby has to do is warm it up) Being a bit ad hoc with food to suit each day is causing the chaos. But I don't want the holiday to run to a schedule! Its not fair on the kids So, back to the diet next week and try to stay under my 950 each day.
(and I'm envious that you don't work anymore)

gentoo/aptenny

gentoo said:
Didn't manage a fast. Got the grump on with the husband and ended up eating.
But curtailed myself at 520 calories and then exercised off 320 of them doing six week six pack.

gentoo/aptenny

Oooh hello there fellow jillian masochist.

Can I just ask. Do you normally offset your fitness cals or do you do your fitness and eat your 500/ 2000 cals irrespective?

Hi Gentoo. Don't worry too much about things going slightly off-piste. Have IDs this week if it helps (that's what I'm doing) and get back on the upsy downsy next week x

I don't eat my exercise calories as a rule. But if I've gone over on a DD I make more of an effort to make sure I throw some exercise in. (i punish myself!!!) I'm not into hot and sweaty, ugh, but I need to tighten my flabby belly somewhat so i tend to use core and abs exercises. It's better to exercise on an UD as you have more energy to "burn". For someone like me who hates exercise and hates Dietting this is great! I only diet every other day and only feel compelled to exercise every other day too! What could be better!!!!!

gentoo/aptenny

Good on you for getting that exercise in there as well. I'm hoping to get myself into exercise soon. I will get there. Like you I am not keen on exercise and diet so they do not come naturally, but I'll get there in the end. I also ended up having more than my DD calories today, but hopefully I can have a bit of a loss tomorrow. Good luck to you

Linda x

Oooh hello there fellow jillian masochist.

Can I just ask. Do you normally offset your fitness cals or do you do your fitness and eat your 500/ 2000 cals irrespective?
When you work out your cals on the JUDDD website it takes into account your activity levels, so your allowance is as stated, hope that helps :)

bajoleth said:
When you work out your cals on the JUDDD website it takes into account your activity levels, so your allowance is as stated, hope that helps :)

Yeah I thought so!

Just considering switching to JUDDD but I need to know I can still hit the gym. I don't do much cardio just strength training mostly but I can throw in some cardio on the up days now I understand that bit!

bettiesrevenge said:
Yeah I thought so!

Just considering switching to JUDDD but I need to know I can still hit the gym. I don't do much cardio just strength training mostly but I can throw in some cardio on the up days now I understand that bit!

I'm a gym instructor and I still hit the gym in general because it's always part of my daily routine I just do more on my UPs :)

Hope this helps

Ruth
X

Have a good day today x

Hope you're having a good day today :)

Ruth
X

Any suggestions? I'm sitting in a children's play centre (hubby on night shift needs to sleep) and I feel really sick. I'm not hungry or thirsty (although I do have a drink on the table). I've eaten an omelette in case it was hunger but I don't feel any better. I don't feel I'll, no temperature etc - but I do feel very nauseous! (and before anyone suggests pregnancy - I'm not!)

gentoo/aptenny

gentoo said:
Any suggestions? I'm sitting in a children's play centre (hubby on night shift needs to sleep) and I feel really sick. I'm not hungry or thirsty (although I do have a drink on the table). I've eaten an omelette in case it was hunger but I don't feel any better. I don't feel I'll, no temperature etc - but I do feel very nauseous! (and before anyone suggests pregnancy - I'm not!)

gentoo/aptenny

Peppermint Tea, Tonic Water, Ginger Biscuits!!!

How long have you felt like this for?

Ruth
X

I hope it is just a wind and that you get it out of your system quickly. Good luck and hope you get better soon.

Linda x

What are you on, UP or DD I sometimes feel a little nauseous on UP days but that said you might have a bug or something unrelated to the diet ?

I'm on ID all week! Better that than fail completely!!!
I ended up sucking a sugar free polo mint in the end and it did the trick. I'm not sure if it was the paracetamol tablets I'd taken about an hour before hand (it came on very suddenly and lasted about 3-4 hours before I resorted to the mints). Like many of you I get migraines which no tablet is going to get rid of, but if I have the inkling of something not quite right I try to take some precautions. This morning I got up with horrendous earache (not in my ears, but through my ears if anyone understands that) and decided I wasn't going to risk it triggering a migraine (as pain often does). So 2 paracetamol and off to the play centre.
I'll keep an eye on it for the future - and remember to carry sugar free polos with me too!!!
As an ID I did ok. Chicken and mushroom Omelette for lunch (with the obligatory salad; eugghh) and mushy peas with curry sauce for dinner (alright I had 8 - exactly - chips too!)
I've had a lot of lattes this week; I normally only drink green tea - so tomorrow could be jitteringly interesting!
The Ab Glide is being delivered on Saturday: now I'm worried.....

gentoo/aptenny

gentoo said:
I'm on ID all week! Better that than fail completely!!!
I ended up sucking a sugar free polo mint in the end and it did the trick. I'm not sure if it was the paracetamol tablets I'd taken about an hour before hand (it came on very suddenly and lasted about 3-4 hours before I resorted to the mints). Like many of you I get migraines which no tablet is going to get rid of, but if I have the inkling of something not quite right I try to take some precautions. This morning I got up with horrendous earache (not in my ears, but through my ears if anyone understands that) and decided I wasn't going to risk it triggering a migraine (as pain often does). So 2 paracetamol and off to the play centre.
I'll keep an eye on it for the future - and remember to carry sugar free polos with me too!!!
As an ID I did ok. Chicken and mushroom Omelette for lunch (with the obligatory salad; eugghh) and mushy peas with curry sauce for dinner (alright I had 8 - exactly - chips too!)
I've had a lot of lattes this week; I normally only drink green tea - so tomorrow could be jitteringly interesting!
The Ab Glide is being delivered on Saturday: now I'm worried.....

gentoo/aptenny

Glad you feel better now! I would keep an eye on it too maybe your body just needs a bit of time to adjust to a new way of eating and living!

Have fun with the Ab Glide woooop!!

Ruth
X

Back