New to vlcd, need experienced advice please

adam7860

Hi. I want to start a vlcd but I don't have the money to do a supervised one like the Cambridge diet or lipotrim. I wanted something similar but cheaper. I'm looking for a shake based diet... so I have only 3 shakes a day and sip water throughout the day... Am I allowed to have green tea as well or just the shakes??? I was thinking of getting an asda replacement meal shake as they are only £4... anyone know of any others that might be useful??? Also do you mix with water or milk?? I'm new to this so can you please try and answer all my questions and be very informative. .. Thanks :)

If you dont want to pay for Cambridge you might want to look at Slim & Save, its cheaper and you have either 4 packs a day or 3 plus a small amount of protein.

Asda shakes arent meal replacements or VLCDs, you have them and a couple of meals a day, thats why theyre not the price of a vlcd. They arent total food replacement diets.

Hi adam, "Shake that weight" is a good diet, it's only shakes, and costs about £20 per week, or it did when i bought some 6 weeks ago. I had 6 weeks supply for £120. the flavours are chocolate, strawberry. banana and vanilla. they taste very nice as well.

Hi thanks for help... So say if I had two of these shakes a day and either chicken or fish with some some salad for dinner it should be okay... And have loads of water of course... I'm new to all this so I'm just getting the hang out it.... I'm going to look into that shake the weight and see if that might be better for me.... But for now im going to try the asda ones...

You need to follow the Asda ones the way they tell you. I believe you need to eat more than that. I think they also include snacks too. They dont limit you to protein for meals either because theyre not ketogenic so you wont be in ketosis and you wont get the losses of a VLCD. Really if youre thinking of going for shakes youd be much better going for Slim & Save or Shake that Weight which work out really good value for money

Hi

Just thought I'd share this. Keep this in mind, Good luck

The side effects of VLCDs may include weakness, dizziness, diarrhoea, constipation, fatigue, dry skin, hair loss, menstrual changes and cold intolerance. More serious side effects include the development of gout and gallstones, however, it is well recognised that any form of weight loss increases the chances of gallstone development..

Back