New to weight watchers

rosierose15

Silver Member
Hi I am starting weight watchers tomorrow night at 7pm

I am an ex slimming world consultant even though I love and believe in the plan I am totally sick of it. I know it back to front I am too comfortable with it and I cheat myself

So I'm going to give weight watchers a chance and see how I get on

I want to lose 2 stone by September

Any advice please?

This is exactly how I feel. I've always done sw but am bored with it now. Let me know how u get on hun and how u find ww. Wondering if because ur eating the things u want rather than the things that are free that we might find smaller portions ok cos were satisfied xx

I been doing calorie counting the last week and I don't mind not having big portions but I have no structure. Think weight watchers might suit me

Are u joining group?

Z

Welcome Sweetie :) Look forward to reading your journey. X

I started ww on Tuesday last week after three years on slimming world. I lost over 4 stone in that time but i have put about half back on. Im exactly the same as you. I know sw inside out but i was so bored with eating the same stuff week in week out.

I have to say this week has been great. Im not weighing in til Tuesday but I've not really struggled. Being able to eat certain things like bread has been weird but a really really nice change. My portions used to be huge but I've been fine with smaller ones this week has.

I pointed up 1 of my favorite meals from sw that used to cost me an A choice answer a couple of syns and was horrified to see it was 28 pp. More than my daily allowance.

Best of luck x

I started ww on Tuesday last week after three years on slimming world. I lost over 4 stone in that time but i have put about half back on. Im exactly the same as you. I know sw inside out but i was so bored with eating the same stuff week in week out.

I have to say this week has been great. Im not weighing in til Tuesday but I've not really struggled. Being able to eat certain things like bread has been weird but a really really nice change. My portions used to be huge but I've been fine with smaller ones this week has.

I pointed up 1 of my favorite meals from sw that used to cost me an A choice answer a couple of syns and was horrified to see it was 28 pp. More than my daily allowance.

Best of luck x

Welcome Sweetie :) Out of interest, would u have still lost on SW eating that '28pp' meal? X

It was a pasta dish with Philli light and bacon mushrooms and onions. The bulk of the points would be from the pasta. The actual portions of food i used to eat were huge. My weightloss was really slow with Sw. Most weeks were half a pound. Its really only now i can see that I've been eating way to much.

Pointing things like low fat yogurts and rice has taken some getting used to this week. Based on how much pasta i used to I've not dared have any this week as i know when i actually weigh out a proper ww friendly portion it will seem tiny x

It was a pasta dish with Philli light and bacon mushrooms and onions. The bulk of the points would be from the pasta. The actual portions of food i used to eat were huge. My weightloss was really slow with Sw. Most weeks were half a pound. Its really only now i can see that I've been eating way to much.

Pointing things like low fat yogurts and rice has taken some getting used to this week. Based on how much pasta i used to I've not dared have any this week as i know when i actually weigh out a proper ww friendly portion it will seem tiny x

You'll have to buy yourself a small plate so it tricks your brain ;-) x

Hey rosierose15,

Good luck with making the switch to ww :)

I'm a serial diet switcher so know both plans quite well and my best advice would be to try and completely forget the sw way while giving ww a go. Reason being somethings you'll find 'free' on sw will be quite high in pp however it can also work the other way. So that something you avoid with sw eg crumpets because they are a waste of syns are low in pp :)

Main thing is to point everything you eat and shouldn't be to difficult for you if your coming over from ccing. Plus you don't have to count fruit now and most veg (sweetcorn,peas,potato,parsnip are pointed) like you do with ccing.

Something that is different with ww compared to sw is that you can puree/cook fruit and its still 0pp :D good if you like smoothies.

Good luck with joining your group (they are nowhere near as long as the sw ones I've been to), and keep us posted on how your finding it. Would be interesting to see from the perspective of an ex sw consultant.

Good luck,
Dan x

Wow thanks so much for taking the time to send a long reply dan :)

I am very exited about the fact that crumpets are low and I can purée fruit!!!

Cant wait to get my teeth into something new. Although I love sw I just know too much about it and it's starting to bore me and I can't enjoy the meeting coz I spend my whole time feeling sorry for the consultant running the group as I know how tough it is and how much work she or he has to do when we have gone home.

I am really looking forward to going tonight will let u know how I am getting on

Rosie x

Wow thanks so much for taking the time to send a long reply dan :)

I am very exited about the fact that crumpets are low and I can purée fruit!!!

Cant wait to get my teeth into something new. Although I love sw I just know too much about it and it's starting to bore me and I can't enjoy the meeting coz I spend my whole time feeling sorry for the consultant running the group as I know how tough it is and how much work she or he has to do when we have gone home.

I am really looking forward to going tonight will let u know how I am getting on

Rosie x

Good Luck for tonight Sweetie. X

Hi! Ive recently moved over to ww after 6 months on sw, and it feels like a breath of fresh air! Im enjoying "proper" bread and learning portion control, which i do believe was the reason i was recycling the same few pounds! I weigh myself on friday morning, so we'll see how i go on xx

Hi! Ive recently moved over to ww after 6 months on sw, and it feels like a breath of fresh air! Im enjoying "proper" bread and learning portion control, which i do believe was the reason i was recycling the same few pounds! I weigh myself on friday morning, so we'll see how i go on xx

Make sure u join the Friday WI Thread, there's lots of us in there :) x

We try to be :) X

Mmm 'proper' bread. I ate the WW bread for a while but it's rubbish compared to Kingsmill!

Back